Nothing beats the taste, the taste that'll knock you out!”— Company slogan
| ||This page is about the pre-War company. For the soft drink, see Nuka-Cola.|
Nuka-Cola was invented in 2044 by John-Caleb Bradberton. Its unique taste gained widespread popularity quickly, ending with it becoming the most popular soft drink in the United States with an extremely dedicated following. The widely known dazzling blue bottle color was adopted as standard in 2052, after market research programs indicated that the blue color was the favorite in 86 people out of a hundred polled.
The ingredients of Nuka-Cola are: carbonated water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, citric acid, and caffeine. What gives it the unique flavor is the essence of seventeen different fruits mixed in just the right proportion to give the beverage its trademark taste. Some versions of the drink also include vitaminerals and health tonics. During the Great Passion Fruit Famine of 2044, people actually noticed the taste difference when the flavor was changed.
By 2067, vending machines with ice cold Nuka-Cola could be found on virtually every street in America.
- Nuka-Cola plant in Newton - A large Nuka-Cola production plant in Kansas, and one of the town's most prominent sights before the war.
- Nuka-Cola plant in Washington, D.C. - The company's main factory, which used cutting-edge equipment to keep the world's most popular soft drink in full production 24 hours a day.
- Nuka-World - The company's own amusement/theme park.
The Nuka-Cola truck is a red die-cast metal toy delivery truck labeled with the corporate logo of Nuka-Cola on the right side. Nuka-Cola trucks are found in the Capital Wasteland and Vault-Tec Vaults. A number of trucks can also be found in the Mojave Wasteland, inside Miguel's Pawn Shop, at The Fort, and two inside a locker at the lab in Vault 11. They also appear randomly in letterboxes outside of houses, particularly in the Freeside area surrounding New Vegas.
The products of the Nuka-Cola Corporation appear in all Fallout games except for Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Its plant in Washington, DC appears in Fallout 3, and its theme park in the Fallout 4 add-on Nuka-World.
Behind the scenesEdit
- During the 2008 E3 as a promotional item, people were given a real drinkable version of Nuka-Cola. It greatly resembles the 1950s look of the Coca-Cola brand bottles.
- During 2015/2016 a real version of Nuka Cola Quantum could be purchased online and in Target stores worldwide.
- The name of the Nuka-Cola creator, John-Caleb Bradberton, is an amalgamation of the inventors of Coca-Cola (John Pemberton) and Pepsi-Cola (Caleb Bradham).
- Its logos, bottle designs, market crash, and even its name are heavily based on Coca-Cola.
- The Font used for the Nuka-Cola logo is Brush Script Std Medium however the "N" is not and is an unknown Font or was made specially.