| || For the consumable in Fallout 76, see Nuka-Cherry (Fallout 76).|
For an overview of Nuka-Cola soda in the Fallout series of games, see Nuka-Cola.
| ||Not to be confused with Cherry Nuka-Cola.|
Nuka-Cherry was originally the product of Merle Haverston, branded as Merle's Very Cherry Soda, prior to being acquired by the Nuka-Cola Corporation. After acquiring the patent, Nuka-Cola Corp. rebranded it as Nuka-Cherry, and changed the flavor profile to that of a Nuka-Cola and cherry mixture along with adding coloring to boost its visual appeal to consumers.
Sometime before the Great War, The Nuka-Cola Corporation introduced their own cherry-flavored soft drink, branded simply as Nuka-Cola Cherry. However, unlike the Nuka-Cherry beverages distributed in the Boston area, this other cherry-flavored soda proved highly unsuccessful.
Nuka-Cherry shares the same look as the other bottles of Nuka-Cola but adds a bright red color to it and a cherry flavoring. According to the Fallout Tactics lore, Nuka-Cherry, or Cherry Nuka-Cola, was very unpopular and a failure of a soft drink due to its taste. This is contradicted by loading screens describing it as having "instant success."
- 2 sold by Shelbie Chase at the Nuka-Town market
- 3 can be found in the Dugout Inn
- 3 can be found in Kellogg's house in the hidden room.
- 3 can be found inside the Super Duper Mart.
- 3 can be found on the ground in Secret Vault 81.
- 1 can be found in the roof office of Longneck Lukowski's Cannery behind a Novice locked door.
- 1 can be found in the first house on the right when coming down the path from Vault 111 in Sanctuary Hills.
- 1 can be found in a shopping cart east of Concord, behind the Museum of Freedom.
- 1 can be found beside a skeleton in the abandoned blue cottage at the Coastal cottage.
- 1 can be found in HalluciGen, Inc., on the shelf at the bottom of the stairs after the observation room.
- 1 can be found in the Combat Zone, on the upper right platform beside an ammo box.
- 1 can be found in one of the stalls in the women's bathroom of the General Atomics factory.
- 1 can be found on the kitchen table in the Nakano residence.
- 5 can be found throughout the Nuka-Cola bottling plant.
- The effect of Nuka-Cherry is similar to that of Nuka-Cola Victory from Fallout: New Vegas.
- Nuka-Cherry can be put into Buddy through the "I'll take a beer" dialog option to produce ice cold Nuka-Cherry 12 hours later.
Behind the scenesEdit
The story of its introduction, rejection and replacement by Classic Nuka-Cola mimics that of the real-life New Coke campaign. In reality however, New Coke initially received generally positive reactions in terms of taste, but the iconic status of the old formula produced a strong backlash reaction that pressured executives into changing it back.