This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.
Return to the Institute to speak with Father and listen to his final words before he dies of end stage cancer. Shown next is the ending scene, showing glimpses of the player character's life prior to the Great War and their experiences since.
This short quest completes the Institute questline. The player character may continue their adventures in the Commonwealth afterward.
- Once this quest is completed, Father's memorial will appear in the Institute, and Institute synths will patrol the Commonwealth's military checkpoints.
- If the player kills Father before his natural death, the player will become enemies with the Institute, and this quest will still complete.
- In the Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide the quest icon is different, namely that of a radiant Institute side quest.
- The Nuclear Option (Brotherhood of Steel): The final act of the Brotherhood of Steel quest line.
- The Nuclear Option (Minutemen): The final act of the Minutemen quest line.
- The Nuclear Option (Railroad): The final act of the Railroad quest line.
- ↑ Page 128