It consists of a couple of destroyed buildings, a campfire with some healing powder beside it and some makeshift beds. It is occupied by several members of the Jackals and a Jackal leader who will try to ambush the Courier as they player travels through this area.
- A group of up to five Jackal gang members travels to and from the Nipton Road Pit Stop southeast to Bradley's shack as part of their daily schedule. Their route passes near the south edge of the Mojave Drive-in, and they may become depleted by dust-ups with the radscorpions in the desert south of the road.
- The traveling group of Jackals may arrive during or shortly after the player encounters the group already waiting at the pit stop, resulting in a second wave of ambushers. The maximum total Jackal members that could be present or arrive during any one player visit is ten - two leaders and eight members.
- Couriers traveling to Nipton but wishing to avoid an an encounter with up to ten gang members can avoid the ambush entirely by traveling through the Ivanpah area north of the pit stop or the radscorpion-infested desert to the south.
- Heading up the road to the east, towards Nipton, the Courier may run into Jacklyn and Tomas in a gunfight. By waiting for the fight to finish nine Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps can be acquired from the victor.
- On the western side of the brick building are the words "The Burned Man Walks!"
The Nipton Road pit stop appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.