The general store has two levels. Boxcars (who gives you the quest Booted) is on a chair on the first floor, surrounded by toppled over food items. Upstairs past an easy locked door is an abandoned apartment with a safe. Oliver Swanick can sometimes be seen here if you haven't previously encountered him.
- The bath tub on the second floor is one of the only bathtubs in the wasteland to have standing water in it.
- While Boxcars claims to have been crippled by the legion, he will stand and run towards you if attacked.
- If you stand in the bath tub and jump, the wave created by your impact on the water's surface extends beyond the walls of the tub.
- There is a safe on the second floor with some caps and other things in it.
- Food can be found in the first half of the entrance room.
The Nipton General Store appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
There is a Salesmen's Weekly magazine nested under the counter, but sometimes it cannot be interacted with.