|This page lists news items posted at Fallout Wiki.|
|2016||Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug|
|2015||Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec|
|2014||Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec|
|2013||Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec|
|2012||Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec|
|2011||Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec|
News in this category
Wayside Creations is lifting the veil a bit again in a third episode of their development diaries. For those new to Wayside Creations: Wayside Creations is the non-profit that brought us Fallout: Nuka Break, a Fallout fan series that's popular enough to get an own Wikipedia page and even an in-game reference in Fallout: New Vegas. 2 years ago, they ran a kickstarterRead more >
A common complaint about the Fallout New Orleans hoax are claims that the applicant "must" have paid for the registration - and paid a lot.
So we set ourselves a challenge. Could we replicate the results of this troll without paying a cent?
Conditions of the test
- We'd do a wordmark registration, rather than a logo, because this is already requiring more effort than it was worth
- We'd put an application through the "Fast Track" system, and another not through the fast track system, to see if there was any practical difference
- At no point would we make any payment
- We would include information in the application to make it obvious that its a bogus registration, including names such as "fakey-Mc-Fakerson" and customer reference of "Fake". If that shouldn't ring alarm bells about the fakeness, nothing will.
How did we do, well here are our results, the fast track application:
As you can see, this is pretty much identical to the New Orleans registration. The Application supposedly fulfilled fast tr…
Read more >
You might see some rumours around the internet claiming that Bethesda have registered a trademark in Europe.
And indeed, if you search the EU trademark database, you'll find this:
Looks real doesn't it? How could it possibly be a fake if its on the trademark database?
Look down at the owners section:
You're telling me that Bethesda is so poor they can't pay for the registration?
The EU Trademark database is a known favourite tool of those fake announcement trolls. Anyone can put anything they like in it, and OAMI will list it just long enough for people to be fooled by it. Since the troll doesn't have to pay anything, he doesn't lose anything for doing so, he just gets all the lolz.
If you don't see Bethesda register a trademark in their home country's trademark database, at the USPTO, then you should assume its fake. This advice goes for any other video game trademark rumour you see - if it isn't in USPTO, where the troll has to put up money to get in the list, then you should t…
Read more >
This weekends QuakeCon promises some news and updates for other games within the Zenimax Stable.
- Appropriately enough, there new gameplay trailer for Quake Champions, with new news also expected.
- There is also a new Gameplay trailer for Prey, with more news to come:
- Doom DLC - Unto the Evil, is now available :
- Elder Scrolls Legends is now in Beta for PC users, simply download the Bethesda.net launcher and you can join the open beta.
- We're also expecting news on Dishonoured 2.
The press alert I've received from Bethesda makes no mention of Fallout, so we're not expecting any new Fallout DLC announcements; Nuka world has previously been announced as the "last", and we're not expecting any change to this.Read more >
This week's T of the Month is the usual $20, however there's 20% of Merchandise this weekend to celebrate Quakecon.Read more >
- Support for upcoming DLC, Nuka-World
- New store art type for Workshop settlements
- Ability to delete Add Ons without doing a full uninstall (PS4)
- General optimization and stability improvements
- Jun and Marcy Long are no longer essential after completing "Sanctuary"
- Vendors can offer large shipments of Ceramic, Copper, Rubber, Steel and Wood
- Improvements to accuracy and control with picking up and placing objects (not Workshop mode)
- Grenades and molotov cocktails can now be used with the Junk Mortar (Contraptions)
- Fixed issue with companions unequipping clothing when fast traveling with player
- Fixed an issue with player animations not loading properly after reloading a saved game
- Fixed issue where certain dog armors would not equip properly on Dogmeat
- Fixed an issue where objects from Add Ons would not scrap correctly or would not be stored properly
- Fixed infinite load that would occasionally occur while logging off while downloading a mod
- Fixed a crash related to investing in a stor…
Read more >
Months after their promised launch date, we're still awaiting mods to arrive on PS4.
Today Bethesda tweeted this:
Pete Hines, head of Marketing at Bethesda previously tweeted this on the subject.
Not a lot to go on, but this Eurogamer article gives us some clues where the hold ups might be:
Whilst the third wouldn't absolutely prevent a launch, the first and second are technical issues that do need to be solved.
So, the issues do appear to be technical quirks related to the PS4; and the lack of updates on the matter appear to be down to Sony.Read more >
Bethesda Rocked E3 quite literally with a performance from Blink 182, but attendees to the BE3 confrence weren't there to see the aging rockers, or hear from their new album, but to see what upcoming Bethesda Softworks titles we can expect over the next year.
First up was a return to Deathmatch carnage with Quake Champions. Promising multiplayer action that suits all skill levels, and will be available for PC. Details were scarce, with more promised at QuakeCon, which seems appropriate enough. First Person shooter fans were also promised some more Doom action, with improvements to SnapMap, a DLC pack "Unto the Evil", and for those unsure about dipping their toes into Doom, access to the First Level for free this week only.
Arkane weren't set just to impress with November's Dishonoured 2, but also had a new title to tease us with - Prey. This promises to be a reboot of the series, with tests being run on a spacestation being interupted by an extra-terrestrial threat. Fallout's own C…Read more >
Join us from 6:15pm PST on 12 June for all of the info on What Bethesda has coming up. and more...
Blink 182 will be there. Why won't you?
- 6:26 - They're late. Bethesda just tweeted about 5 mins until the start.
- 6:31 - they're talking now. Tweet your questions at #BE3 to win.
- 6:35 - Some trivia as part of the preshow - Beth have 7 Drag racing games in their back catalogue, did you know that?
- 6:37 - -now some employee videos from the christmas party roll...
- 6:41 - More Trivia - Apparently Matthew Perry isn't the only "Friend" with a Bethesda connection - Courtney Cox also worked at Bethesda.
- 6:43 - Now some Fallout 4 videoes...
- 6:46 - TES and Skrim tribvia now.
- 6:47 - One on their terminator game, wher ebethesda INVENTED mouselook for FPSes...
- 6:48 - Skyrim videos
- 6:51 - Tes and Wolf Trivia now...
- 6:53 - Main preshow now. 2,000 in attendance. Main show in 20 mins.
- 6:55 - Far habour trailer now.
- 6:58 - Showing off settlements now.
- 7:00 - Gushing over shelter and F4 at the moment.
- 7:05 - some Doom …
Read more >
Welcome back to the News Digest, in this Fair Harbour Week. Its out on THURSDAY, the Third day: Monday - Oneday, Tuesday- Twoday, Wednesday - Whenday?, Thursday, the THIRD day.
Picked this week by CoolSpringBreezeInTheGlen, I err mean Mount Hail
You might have noticed that Doom is ou, what you may not have noticed is that Doom is now also a racecar:
And what would be better to watch it race than a UAC Jacket for $78? You can pick that up The Bethstore.
Some questionable sites, fed apparently by a rumour on Reddit are claiming that the Fallout 4 game files have a clue to the next DLC - "Nuka World". Details are scarce, but speculation is running riot about some sort of theme park.
Whilst Massachusetts isn't home to a park on a Disney or Universal Studios scale, it is home to some minor marks, as well as Six Flags New England West South West of Boston.
Take it all with a pinch of salt. All we know for sure is more DLC is coming. So is Christmas.Read more >