New Vegas medical clinic
Everything you see is funded by the Followers of the Apocalypse. We rely a lot on charity to provide low-cost medical services to the less fortunate.”— Doctor Usanagi
The New Vegas medical clinic is a Followers of the Apocalypse medical facility outside of New Vegas run by Doctor Usanagi. It is located east of Crimson Caravan Company and somewhat southwest of the mole rat ranch.
There is a waiting room in the clinic's entrance in which guests wait to be accommodated by Dr. Usanagi. Further into the clinic is a surgery room, a small classroom (for medical students), and a toilet.
- 7 syringes of Med-X in the surgery room, middle rack of the left supply cart.
- The background music is "Dream Town", which had been originally used for Modoc.
- If the Courier has befriended the Followers of the Apocalypse, Usanagi will give you a discount on supplies, including publications such as Meeting People, Fixin' Things, and Today's Physician. She will also buy your items for a value higher than other vendors (such as the Gun Runners).
- In addition to being able to buy medical supplies and medical treatments at the clinic, the Courier can buy medical implants that increase SPECIAL traits for 4,000 caps each, as well as a Damage Threshold upgrade for 8,000 caps and a health regeneration implant for 12,000 caps. Buying all implants will cost a total of 48,000 caps (calculated without taking the discount into account).
- The value of your Endurance will determine how many implants the Courier can have, up to the max of 9. Temporary boosts do not count, as only permanent points allow you to receive them.
- The clinic doesn't have any medical supplies in storage, so the only way to obtain them from this area is by buying them from Usanagi.
- Dr. Usanagi's supplies restock every 48 hours.
- Caps paid to Dr. Usanagi for implants do not add to the caps she has to buy items from the Courier.
- There are a total of three clinic guards in the main room when you walk in the door and one more in the back near the surgery room.
- Interestingly, the window to the right of the outside doors has a "face" with an "X" below it. This was a sign used by the homeless and illiterate of the early to middle twentieth century to mean "Doctor".
The New Vegas medical clinic appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ps3 xbox360 If you have two companions with you and get the health regeneration implant, both of your companions will disappear upon leaving the clinic. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc Dr. Usanagi will sometimes lose the conversation option to heal injuries. She will still cure radiation poisoning and offer implants and supplies. [verified]
- ps3 A bug occurs after asking for the charisma implant the entrance to the clinic becomes locked however the only way to exit is to have an average lock pick skill. [verified]