There are two hangars, the mess hall & munitions storage to the north and the hangar to the south.
- The rebreather can be obtained from Jack during the quest Volare!
- A Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap can be found on a table on the east side of the mess hall.
- Five armor cases containing combat armor and helmets which must be stolen.
- A broken missile launcher and a broken grenade rifle can be found on a workbench in the southern most corner of the mess hall & munitions storage. However, they cannot be repaired.
- There is a broken pre-War B-29 bomber in the middle of the hangar where Loyal can be found walking around during the day.
- Some time after completing Volare!, upon returning to the hangar, the Boomers will begin working on restoring the bomber, which has been renamed "Pearl."
- The Boomers working on "Pearl" will use welders. Upon closer inspection (i.e. V.A.T.S.), it appears that the welders are not weapons, nor items, but a part of the Boomers' right arm. This means that either the welders are part of the Boomers' apparel or the welders are tied to the right arm in some other way.
- The Boomers working on "Pearl" are positioned on elevated platforms. These platforms cannot be reached by stairs or ramps. However, the player character can still climb these platforms using nearby objects like barrels. On the platforms the path is obstructed by the plane's wings. One can then jump over the wings, however non-player characters cannot pass.
- There are two nearly identical versions of the hangar in the GECK, the only difference being the unused one does not have the B-29. The reason for there being two is unknown, however it is strange that the B-29 is in the hangar before it is raised from Lake Mead. It may possibly be because Loyal had said that they had found a B-29 in their museum, and that they could use the parts from it.
The Nellis hangars appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.