Fallout: New Vegas locations project
There are two hangars, the mess hall & munitions storage to the north and Hangar to the south.
- The rebreather can be obtained from Jack during the quest Volare!.
- A Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap can be found on a table on the east side of the mess hall.
- 5 armor cases containing combat armor and helmets which can be stolen.
- 30 hammers, spread throughout the two hangars.
- A broken missile launcher and a broken grenade rifle can be found on a workbench in the southern most corner of the mess hall & munitions storage. Unfortunately, they cannot be repaired.
- There is a broken pre-War B-29 bomber in the middle of the hangar where the Courier can find Loyal walking around during the day.
- Some time after completing Volare!, upon returning to the hangar player will find the Boomers working on restoring the bomber, which has been renamed "Pearl".
- The Boomers working on "Pearl" will use what seems to be welders. Upon closer inspection (i.e. V.A.T.S.) the Courier will notice that the welders aren't weapons, nor items, but a part of the Boomers' right arm. This means that either the welders are part of the Boomers' apparel or the welders are tied to the right arm in some other way.
- The Boomers working on "Pearl" are positioned on elevated platforms. These platforms cannot be reached by stairs or ramps. However, the player can still climb these platforms using nearby objects like barrels. On the platforms the Courier will notice that the path is obstructed by the plane's wings. The player can jump over the wings, but NPCs cannot pass.
- There are two nearly identical versions of the hangar in the GECK, the only difference being the unused one does not have the B-29 Bomber. Why there are two is unknown, but it is strange that the B-29 is in the hangar before it is raised from the lake. It may possibly be because Loyal had said that they had found a B-29 in their museum, and they could use the parts from it.
Nellis Hangars appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.