Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| || For the owner of the Skum Pitt in Fallout, see Neal.|
For a cut Follower of the Apocalypse, see Neil (Fallout).
For the resident of Vault 81 in Fallout 4, see Neil Freund.
The future is not written, human, and it is foolish to squint at what cannot be seen.”
Neil went to Black Mountain on Marcus' order to spy on Tabitha, an intelligent nightkin who had ousted Marcus as leader of the Black Mountain super mutant refuge. Neil's role is to divert other super mutants to Jacobstown, where they will be treated fairly. He has three distinctive scars located above his right eye.
If asked why Neil has chosen to stay in Black Mountain, he will respond it was his choice and to be away from an unspecified incident in Jacobstown.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Crazy, Crazy, Crazy: Neil tasks the Courier with overthrowing Tabitha from her rule. He can be persuaded (with 50 Speech) to aid the Courier by leading away the nightkin guarding Tabitha's broadcast station.
Neil will warn the Courier about the danger ahead, Black Mountain.
- If Neil is not in his shack, he may be standing by two rocks outside of the crater with two dead Brotherhood of Steel paladins, to warn the Courier about going onto the mountain.
- Once Tabitha is gone from the mountain, Neil will stay at his shack in order to redirect other super mutants that may have heard Tabitha's broadcast.
- If the Courier was able to convince Neil for assistance, he may instead stay at the higher area of the mountain.
- Neil will not fight any of the hostile super mutants nor nightkin, even if he sees combat in front of him.
- In the demo, Neil had the appearance of a Vault 87 super mutant.
- If the Courier manages to convince Tabitha that a revolt is occurring in Black Mountain, Neil will not offer to distract the nightkin guards near the summit.
Neil appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc ps3 xbox360 When waiting to help you at the top of Black Mountain, Neil will give the response "whatever you do, be quick about it" no matter what you tell him. This is caused by the conditions for the "Let's go" response being unavailable if any of the Nightkin guards are dead, rather than if all of them are dead. [verified]
- ps3 If you accept Neil's help but enter Black Mountain from the locked gate on the southwest side (by Tabitha's room) instead of going through the checkpoints, Neil will run around randomly when you approach him and cannot be spoken to. Waiting causes his map marker to move near the domes, but he is nowhere to be found. [verified]
- pc xbox360 If you visit Black Mountain for the first time, Neil will wander off and can be sometimes found dead or under a rock when you visit later. [verified]
- pc xbox360 Often, when he is talking, his mouth movements are out of sync or aren't moving at all. [verified]
- xbox360 After meeting Neil near the crater of Black Mountain (had you passed the Speech check), he will either vanish, be glitched and get stuck, or get hung up on a rock behind him as he tries to run ahead. [verified]