| ||For an overview of Needler pistols appearing in the Fallout series of games, see Needler pistol.|
You suspect this Bringham needler pistol was once used in scientific field studies. It uses small hard-plastic hypodermic darts as ammo.”— In-game description, Fallout 2
A powerful and lightweight pistol with a low Strength requirement, the Needler pistol requires the use of the relatively rare and expensive HN AP Needler cartridge to realize its full combat potential. When used with these rounds, the weapon becomes deadly even against late-game enemies, its Weapon Penetrate perk, high critical damage, and capacious magazine outclassing the majority of other pistols. The Needler's main drawback compared to other high-end handguns is its relatively short range.
- Sheriff Earl Marion of Redding has one.
- Myron, in the Stables, also carries one.
- Mercenaries in random encounters around San Francisco will use these along with Glock 86 plasma pistols.
- A. Ron Meyers carries one, but can only be acquired if killed.
- The AP ammo type doubles the weapon's damage, rendering it deadly against most opponents. When used with regular, non-AP rounds, it is just an average pistol.
- It has the same maximum critical damage as the Gauss pistol.
| || |