The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
This building is entered from the National Guard recruitment office. The main part of the bottom floor is inaccessible from this entrance. Stairs lead to the upper floor. There are two rooms on the left and a room with beds to the right.
In the first room to the left is a terminal that unlocks the door to the National Guard armory building. The terminal can be hacked or accessed using the password picked up at the upper floor in the National Guard recruitment office.
In the second room on the left is a stealth boy on one of the shelves. Next to the room with beds is a bathroom with half of the floor missing.
The bottom floor is reached by jumping down from the room with beds or the bathroom. In the cafeteria is a U.S. Covert Operations Manual on the table with the blue cooler. Next to this room is a bathroom. A hole in the wall leads out from the bedroom to a small hallway. Next to it is a room with file cabinets. To the right of the hole is the exit (main entrance to the barracks). On the other side of the exit is a terminal that unlocks another door.
- U.S. Covert Operations Manual - On a table in the cafeteria, near a cooler.
- Stealth Boy - On the second floor. At the top of the stairs, go straight to the end of the hallway and enter the room with a large hole in the floor on your left. The Stealth boy is on one of the shelves there.
The National Guard barracks appears only in Fallout 4.
- ps4 The feral ghouls present here during the quest Ghoul Problem, may not awaken when inside the building. In fact, most of them will be wandering around neutrally while others will be inanimate on the ground. If one is pointed at or shot, they will attack, although none of the others will also attack the player. [verification overdue]
- ps4 When exiting the barracks through the gated area requiring a terminal to leave, feral ghouls from the outside may be able to glitch through the walls, attacking the player. This will then incite the turrets to also attack if not already taken out. This makes it impossible to leave through the terminal as the turrets will continue to shoot the player. Ghouls may also pass through the walls in the hallway located in the yard that is accessed when moving between the recruitment hall and barracks.[verified]
- Fix: The player can kill the turrets and ghouls then be able to leave, and VATS is the only way to target the glitched feral ghouls through walls, killing them.