The NCR sharecropper farms are a location in the Mojave Wasteland, located directly south of Freeside's east gate. They were erected as part of the implementation of the Thaler Act, under which farmers from the New California Republic would come to the Mojave wasteland to farm the land in exchange for the NCR's military protection.
The NCR provides protection (and water thanks to a pipe from Lake Las Vegas) to New Vegas sharecroppers who tend a large allotment southeast of Freeside’s east gate. Currently, some of the workers are not particularly grateful for this arrangement. due to the fact that water is rationed as needed, as calculated by the OSI in Camp McCarran.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual can be found inside the barracks (the only normal structure in the fenced in area, located in the northeast corner) on the floor near the south wall.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap is also in the barracks, on a desk near the eastern door.
- Dozens of plants including Maize and Honey mesquite pods are within the greenhouses for the player's pickings. No Karma loss or NCR reputation penalties will be incurred despite the plants marked as owned.
- The quest Hard Luck Blues can be initiated here through a conversation with Morgan Blake.
- The White Wash - One must speak with Trent Bascom and Lieutenant Romanowski to follow Corporal White's trail.
- Some plants in the greenhouses are not marked as owned, despite the farm as a whole being NCR property.
The NCR sharecropper farms appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes the map marker will direct the Courier through the greenhouses to reach their location. [verified]