The NCR Emergency Radio is a radio station in the Mojave Wasteland.
The NCR Emergency Radio is only available upon starting the Eureka!, No Gods, No Masters, Veni, Vidi, Vici and All or Nothing quests. This radio station broadcasts the events of what is happening around Nevada, along with troop orders and tactical advice (which do not affect gameplay). The broadcaster is from the NCR, but their location is unknown.
- The NCR Embassy in New Vegas being bombed.
- Camp McCarran being attacked by Fiends.
- Camp Forlorn Hope being attacked by Caesar's Legion
- Camp Golf is under attack. If you have completed Flags of Our Foul-Ups, they will mention the Misfits' repelling the attack.
- The monorail being bombed by Caesar's legion spies, if you complete I Put a Spell on You in the Legion's favor, or did not complete it at all.
- Rioting in Freeside if you did not side with the NCR and did not stop the violence between the Kings and the NCR.
- The Omertas staging a coup on the Strip, with the other families and the Securitrons stopping them.
- That the NCR is receiving help from non military assets.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The only three broadcasts involving one Unit reinforcing another mention the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 likely referencing 'The Numbers' from the television show Lost. The broadcasts are: "Unit 4 reinforce Unit 8," "Unit 15 reinforce Unit 16 at defense point Sigma Delta," and "Unit 23 await reinforcement from Unit 42!"
- One of the messages is a reference to the British sci-fi series, Doctor Who: "Bravo Bravo Charlie, the Doctor is coming." Bravo Bravo Charlie, is 'BBC' in the phonetic alphabet, the organization which airs Doctor Who in the UK and other countries.
- Two messages have references to the film Aliens, but this only happens with the Wild Wasteland trait: "Game over man! Game over!" and, "Christ! They're coming out of the damn walls!"