The NCR Emergency Radio is a radio station in the Mojave Wasteland.
The NCR Emergency Radio is only available upon starting Eureka!, No Gods, No Masters, Veni, Vidi, Vici or All or Nothing. This radio station broadcasts the events of what is happening around Nevada, along with troop orders and tactical advice (which do not affect gameplay). The broadcaster is from the NCR, but his location is unknown.
The broadcaster tells of certain happenings going on in the Mojave Wasteland during the second battle of Hoover Dam. He also gives certain orders to certain NCR squads. Such broadcasts are:
- "Uh...am I broadcasting? I'm broadcasting? Shit, ok. This is the NCR Emergency channel. It sounds like the Hoover Dam is under attack. Stay tuned." – Intro
- "Signing off." – Outro
Camp Golf related:
- "Rangers have managed to hold off a Legion attack at Camp Golf. Some casualties, but Camp Golf stands." – If the player character did not complete Flags of Our Foul-Ups.
- "Rangers have barely managed to fend off a brutal attack at Camp Golf. The numbers had not yet been reinforced to replace the missing troops." – If the player character fails Flags of Our Foul-Ups by killing the Misfits.
- "Camp Golf has fallen! Apparently a small group of troopers broke rank and fled their posts once the battle began." – If Flags of Our Foul-Ups was completed by lying about the Misfits' test results.
- "A group of troopers, that can only be described as rag-tag, managed to fend off a brutal attack at Camp Golf. I salute your bravery. Hold the front." – If Flags of Our Foul-Ups was completed by improving the Misfits' field performance.
- "Troopers have managed to contain several small riots that were breaking out in the area surrounding New Vegas." – If Three-Card Bounty was completed with all Fiend bounties completed.
- "There is chaos breaking out at McCarran. The Fiends are using the opportunity to attack the base.There are also several riots breaking out in the area surrounding New Vegas. The looters have taken to the streets." – If Three-Card Bounty was failed and/or at least one Fiend boss is still alive.
Camp Forlorn Hope related:
- "There is a confirmed report that the Legion mounted a simultaneous assault at Camp Forlorn Hope."
- "Yes, Forlorn Hope has fallen. Some troops managed to fall back, but the fortification is lost." – If neither Restoring Hope nor We Are Legion were completed.
- "Forlorn Hope has sustained heavy casualties, but the fortification stands. We have successfully defended Forlorn Hope." – If Restoring Hope was completed.
- "I'm not getting any more information from Forlorn Hope. The Camp appears to have been totally overrun." – If We Are Legion is completed.
- "I'm receiving reports that Forlorn Hope has been totally overrun, and the Legion is killing civilians as far as the township called Novac." – If the player character kills everyone at both Camp Forlorn Hope and Nelson.
- "The troops at Forlorn Hope, assisted by First Recon, have repelled the Legion attack with very few casualties." – If Three Card Bounty was completed, but Restoring Hope was not.
- "The troops at Forlorn Hope, assisted by First Recon, have repelled the Legion in what will surely be the most decisive victory in this entire battle." – If Three Card Bounty and Restoring hope were completed.
The Strip related:
- "What the fuck is happening on the Strip? I'm getting reports that someone just bombed the embassy." – If How Little We Know remains unfinished in the Omertas' favor.
- "It sounds like the Omertas are mounting some sort of attack on the Strip. They are receiving heavy casualties from the securitrons and other casinos." – If How Little We Know remains unfinished.
- "The attack is coming from the Omertas. They are using some kind of gas to kill everyone in the casinos on the Strip. How is this possible?" – If How Little We Know was completed in the Omerta's favor.
- "The monorail at Camp McCarran just exploded. I'm not getting any reports of any fighting, but the monorail is gone for sure. We aren't going to be able to reinforce the Strip against the Omerta assault there. How the fuck did this happen? Jesus." – If I Put a Spell on You either remains unfinished or fails due to the monorail's destruction.
- "There is some sort of obstruction on the road to Hoover Dam. We're going to do our best to send reinforcements around."
- "Deploying battalion 14 to the southwestern flank."
- "Unit 15, reinforce unit 16 at defense point sigma delta."
- "Delta squad, redeploy."
- "All units, be aware, we are receiving help from a non-NCR military asset."
- "Snipers in position. Repeat. Snipers in position."
- "Unit 4, reinforce unit 8."
- "Unit 23, await reinforcement from unit 42."
- "Location Bravo Bravo Charlie, the doctor is coming."
- "All unit commands, relay your current position and status."
Miscellaneous (Wild Wasteland)Edit
- "They're coming out of the walls, man! They're coming outta the damn walls."
- "Game over, man! Game over!"
Behind the scenesEdit
- The only three broadcasts involving one Unit reinforcing another mention the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42, likely referencing 'The Numbers' from the television show Lost. The broadcasts are: "Unit 4 reinforce Unit 8," "Unit 15 reinforce Unit 16 at defense point Sigma Delta," and "Unit 23 await reinforcement from Unit 42!"
- One of the messages is a reference to the British sci-fi series, Doctor Who: "Bravo Bravo Charlie, the Doctor is coming." Bravo Bravo Charlie is 'BBC' in the phonetic alphabet, sharing a name with the organization which airs Doctor Who in the UK and other countries.
- Two messages have references to the film Aliens, but this only happens with the Wild Wasteland trait: "Game over, man! Game over!" and "Christ! They're coming out of the damn walls!"