By putting tons of brahmin shit in the vats, we found out that the fumes give more than enough of a kick. Eureka. Literally. 'Course, we had to test to get the mix right…”
Myron is a child-genius and chemist from the town of Redding, and the inventor of jet, which he invented to aid the Mordinos family's vile exploits and also to barter for prostitutes, a laboratory, and cash. He can be found wasting time at the Stables in the basement. The Stables are located north of New Reno.
Curiously, Myron hates Marcus due to him being a super mutant. Myron dies around 2242, less than a year after the defeat of the Enclave, stabbed by a jet addict while drinking in the Den. His discovery of jet was quickly forgotten, and since then no one remembers his name. His invention, however, continued to grow in popularity and reached the East Coast of America in the Capital Wasteland and the Commonwealth.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Find some endorphin blockers to make a cure for Jet: Myron thinks he may be able to cure jet addiction, but needs some endorphin blockers to do it.
- He will join the Chosen One if they play to his ego and convince him that leaving town might make the Mordinos realize how valuable he is to them.
- While usually inept in combat, Myron is a skilled chemist, and can make antidotes, stimpaks and super stimpaks if the Chosen One gives him the proper ingredients. He is more of a scientific genius than a fighter as he possesses a good Science skill.
- He can get the Chosen One the cure for jet addiction if their Speech skills and Intelligence are high enough.
- A female charismatic (or Porn Star) will change his dialogue tree to a sexual tone with the Chosen One.
- If the Chosen One comes to the Stables by car, Myron will comment on it.
The list of chems Myron can make and ingredients he needs to make them.
- Poison antidote
- Super stimpak
|+ Primary Statistics||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4|
|+ Secondary Statistics||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4|
|+ Tagged Skills||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4|
|Myron's outfit||Needler pistol||Jet x2
Jimmy Hats (red) x2
Super stimpak x4
HN Needler cartridge x30
- Even if he dies during the game, he will always have the same ending.
- In the Shark Club, in New Reno, the comedian there will eventually start making fun of Myron.
- Since Myron is a teenager, he is considered a child and killing him counts towards the Childkiller reputation.
- The exception to the above is to take him to the Sierra Army Depot, down to the fourth level and leave him in the room alone with the automated organ extraction table. Once it is activated, he dies a horrible violent death and his brain is removed without penalty. However, using organ extraction (on any companion) results in high negative karma.
- Myron disgusts John Cassidy because Cassidy hates chems - and Myron created Jet. Not to mention that Myron is also a pretty horrible guy overall, what with him being supportive of slavery and the killing of more than a hundred slaves to perfect a drug. The clincher though might just be that Myron is a very big coward at heart.
- "Okay, okay! I'll wait here! Phew. You could show me a little more respect, you know. I am MYRON."
- "By putting tons of brahmin shit in the vats, we found out that the fumes give more than enough of a kick. Eureka. Literally. 'Course, we had to test to get the mix right'"
- "What the hell are you talking about?"
- "So you finally wise up, beautiful? Finally realize that I'm the only one for you?"
- "Guards ain't worth the chips you pay for 'em...well, my retarded friend, we've been introduced, so why don't you GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE NOW!"
Myron appears only in Fallout 2.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Myron was designed by Chris Avellone.
- After convincing Myron to follow the Chosen One, he has the option of saying an altered quote from the movie The Blues Brothers.
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- The comment about kobolds is likely a reference to the game Eye of the Beholder.
- Despite Myron being the creator of jet, in Fallout 4 the Vault-Tec Regional HQ terminal entries suggest that it is a pre-War drug.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
Myron explains the history and chemical properties of the highly-addictive drug, Jet.