My First Workbench is an upgrade for the Lone Wanderer's house or suite which adds a workbench to the house. Workbenches are used with schematics to create custom weapons from the component parts found throughout the wasteland.
Become an ownerEdit
- The Lone Wanderer can get either a house in Megaton or a suite in Tenpenny Tower by completing The Power of the Atom (which house is received depends on how it is completed; for the most part both houses are the same), a quest which can be given by both Lucas Simms and Mister Burke in Megaton.
- Once you own your own house, a personal workbench for the house can be bought from Moira at Craterside Supply in Megaton or from Lydia Montenegro at Tenpenny Tower. The price is about 725 caps, varying based on Barter skill.
- A workbench is used to create custom-built weapons if you have that weapon's schematic. These weapons include the railway rifle, Rock-It Launcher, Shishkebab, deathclaw gauntlet, Nuka-grenade, bottlecap mine, and dart gun.
- When the workbench is purchased, it comes with a wrench, hammer and a bottlecap mine (usually located on the lower shelf).
- The bottlecap mine will sometimes respawn.