Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Museum of Freedom is a history museum dedicated to American conflicts, such as the American Revolution. At one point, an exhibit on the Battle of Anchorage was planned, but ultimately cancelled due to a limited budget. When the Great War occurred, most of the staff fled the museum, with the exception of Megan Hayes. A Vertibird also crashed on the roof as a result of an EMP, with the surviving soldiers abandoning the wreck and a suit of power armor.
In 2287, a group of wastelanders led by Preston Garvey were travelling through Concord when they were attacked by a group of raiders led by Gristle. The wastelanders had no choice but to take shelter within the Museum of Freedom.
The Sole Survivor enters the building through the first floor. The first floor is divided in half by a wall, requiring travelling through the mannequin-filled American Revolution display or picking an Advanced lock to get through to the other side. On the second half of the first floor, there is a large hole and a staircase leading to the basement, where the fusion core can be found. There is also a large staircase leading to the second floor.
The second floor begins with open walkways, where raiders are in a shootout against Preston. Going through a doorway will lead to an enclosed hallway, including two raiders standing by the large mural. Past them is the stairwell leading to the third floor, where two raiders are attempting to get into the room that Preston and company is barricaded in. After a brief conversation, the raiders will give up on the door and head towards the stairwell. Through the group's room is a roof access, leading to the power armor, a minigun, and a place to jump off the roof and back onto the street below.
- Fusion core in the basement. Note: this fusion core will only have about a 50% charge level on it, as opposed to the 100% charge level in most other fusion cores.
- Perception bobblehead, on the table behind Preston Garvey.
- A copy of RobCo Fun with the Atomic Command mini-game holotape on the desk to the right in the same room as the bobblehead.
- A T-45 power armor frame, on the roof of the building next to the Vertibird. Requires a fusion core.
- Minigun, on the same roof, mounted onto a crashed Vertibird, which can be ripped off using power armor.
- Log - SSG Michael Daly on the same roof, on the desk behind the power armor.
- When Freedom Calls - The Sole Survivor helps Preston Garvey and his friends to escape from a band of raiders.
- The description of the mural in the museum reads:
This mural commemorates the many sacrifices of the brave men and women of the United States Armed Forces. From Lexington and Concord to the shores of Iwo Jima, from the Sea of Tranquility to the Anchorage Front Line, Americans have fought and died through the ages to secure our nation’s freedom. May their sacrifices remind us all that freedom is a privilege afforded to the many, yet hard won by a noble few.”
- Also depicted in the mural is the USS Missouri, a United States Navy battleship (with the configuration of the afterwar Montana-class battleship) that served in the Pacific Theater of World War II, the M46 Patton, a tank used by the United States during the early stages of the Cold War in the real world, what appears to be a Sikorsky H-19 utility helicopter can be seen behind, the Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5 biplane used by the American Expeditionary Forces in Europe during World War I, the Tank Mark VIII, also used in World War I, the Consolidated B-24 Liberator, the Douglas A-20 Havoc (also known as Boston Mk.I) and the Boeing B-29 Superfortress which were flown in World War II, plus several Stingray Deluxes. The weapons held by the soldiers include a M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, and an M1918 Browning automatic rifle.
- Several low level raiders may be present when fast traveling to this location and become immediately aggressive.
- The terminal that Sturges is using upon the player's arrival has lines of text scrolling upwards on it when not in use by the player. The text is mainly comprised of general RobCo terminal error messages, but some snippets include cryptic messages such as "///// Please save_yourselves", "////ERROR_ITS_THE_END_6", and "ROBCO Industries in apocalyptic situations, please reboot system error there's no one left is there oh god".
- Entering the T45 power armor frame found on the roof of the museum doesn't seem to trigger the "//companion// disliked that" message when exploring with Strong . Making it quite useful for someone wanting to use power armor while still having Strong to his/her side.
The Museum of Freedom appears only in Fallout 4.
ps4 When fast traveling to the Museum of Freedom, companions may spawn standing on the Sole Survivor's head.[platforms tag needed][verification overdue]