A voluminous yellow steel can filled with fuel for the propulsion thrusters of Mister Handy-type robots. Judging by the warning labels and the crafting components it yields when scrapped, it probably contains some sort of petroleum derivative akin to kerosene. Should that be the case, it is likely that due to the worldwide oil shortage, Mr. Handy fuel was a tremendously expensive commodity in the years leading up to the Great War, considering how gasoline cost upwards of $1400 per gallon before fusion-powered cars became a widespread alternative.
It is worth mentioning that neither Codsworth nor Curie nor any automatron companion based on a Mr. Handy chassis require regular refueling to keep them going. The Mr. Handy fuel cans' sole purpose is to be broken down and used for crafting.
- Four cans can be found to the left of the Super Duper Mart entrance.
- A few cans can be found on the top floor of Monsignor Plaza.
- One can can be found under the bridge closest to the Back Street Apparel next to the 3 barrels.
- One can can be found next to the Mr. Handy box inside the House of Tomorrow in Sanctuary Hills.
- One can can be found in the small room next to the chained door in Fens Way station.
- One can can be found in the southern-most bathroom of the Parkview Lounge. And the middle floor of the Parkview apartments.
- Two can can be found next to the workshop at Graygarden
- One can can be found inside Boston mayoral shelter.
- One can can be found inside Virgil's hideout in Rocky Cave.
- One can be found inside the weapon cage on The Prydwen
- One can be found west of Old Gullet sinkhole, on the floor inside a wooden house.
- Automatron (add-on) One can be found on the lower level of the RobCo sales & service center.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.