Unlike the other reformed members of the group, he considers the present direction of the White Glove Society as misled. He views the Society as an elitist institution; denying themselves access to such exotic meat has taken away the only reason for the group to exist. He does not openly share this view, however, and it is only by exposing him during a speech at a special dinner hosted for the members of the Society that he reveals his true nature or, if you can pass a Speech check (62), he will try to recruit you for his cannibalistic purposes involving Ted Gunderson. If your Speech is too low, you can try to pass a check for evil Karma and non-neutral Strip reputation. If you expose him and let him flee in the quest Beyond the Beef, he disappears from the game as soon as he gets to the entrance of the casino.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Beyond the Beef - Mortimer wishes to revert the White Glove Society to its former cannibalistic ways and hopes to convince them by feeding them human flesh during an upcoming banquet.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|-||Ultra-Luxe freezer key
Ultra-Luxe kitchen key
Ultra-Luxe penthouse key
- If you expose him and let him flee in the quest Beyond the Beef, he disappears from the game as soon as he gets to the entrance of the casino.
- He is one of only five named characters in the base game to have "Very Evil" Karma, the others being Cook-Cook, Duke, Philippe and Vulpes Inculta.
- "I guess that's the hazard of a cannibal becoming a gourmet - it's hard to please a refined palate."Chauncey
- "There is a meat sweeter than the most cornfed livestock. Most of you have tasted it. All of you have coveted it."
- "For our society to be truly elite, we must dine on the most delicious, the most exclusive food known to us."
- "You're all hypocrites. How can you claim to be connoisseurs yet deny yourself the greatest of all meats?"
- "You barbarous cur!"
Mortimer appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.