You seem to be in nearly perfect health. That will be $10 for the examination.”
Doc Morbid is the odd, unfriendly doctor in Junktown. Despite his attitude and two bodyguards, Flash and Cougar, he is a competent physician and, from time to time, teaches budding young doctors medicine (for instance, Razlo from Shady Sands is one such student).
Apart from providing medical services to the people of his fine town, the doctor is also an entrepreneur. In his basement he operates an underground butcher shop, where human body parts are prepared by him and his dwarf assistant Gretch for shipment to Iguana Bob in The Hub for the production of iguana-on-a-stick.
When heading to Junktown on a caravan route, the caravan driver sometimes says "Hear there's an odd doctor out that way. Deals in the dead they say." This is obviously a reference to Doc Morbid selling his body parts to Iguana Bob in order to use for the meat.
Interactions with the player character
- Blackmail Iguana Bob: Morbid has been selling "iguana" to Iguana Bob. As part of an optional objective, the player can kill Morbid, Cougar, Gretch, and Flash.
- He can heal the player - for a price. After talking to him, there is no way to leave without him becoming hostile, unless you pay to be healed. However, the player is free to go inside his basement, and use this information to blackmail Iguana Bob of the Hub. It should be noted that when the character is badly wounded the price to heal you can be 500 caps (or more).
- Lacking an in-game description regarding his appearance, all that is known of his appearance comes from a piece of concept art by Leonard Boyarsky.
The name "Dr. Morbid" is quite fitting in its irony. mor·bid/ˈmôrbəd/Adjective
- Characterized by or appealing to an abnormal and unhealthy interest in disturbing and unpleasant subjects, esp. death and disease.
- Of the nature of or indicative of disease.
Doc Morbid appears only in Fallout.