Monsignor Plaza has three entrances. There is a locked door (expert lock) on the east side which leads directly up to the top floor, with some low-moderate level radiation from a barrel at the bottom of the stairs and a few can chimes. The "Main" entrance has an enclosed fortification shielding it including at least one machine gun turret and several raider guards. The lower level entrance is located in the "U" - shaped clearing next to Ticonderoga Safehouse. Entering via the lower level is slightly easier as there are no exterior guards or raiders nearby on the inside, the door itself is unlocked, and there is an unlocked terminal with a police protectron just inside. The robot can be activated and will patrol the hallways, distracting and possibly eliminating some of the raider guards. To the left of the protectron is a safe (novice) behind the counter.
The rest of the enclosure is a standard raider warren for the most part, with various ammo containers and supply boxes scattered throughout the three levels. If the player is here completing a Quartermastery quest assignment, the quest item will be at the end of the third floor hallway past the wrecked "Slocum's Joe" shop. This room also holds the key for the door at the bottom of the adjacent stairwell.
There is a defunct gun shop on the third floor with an unlocked terminal controlling one of the turrets (though it's very likely you'll need to destroy said turret in order to get near the terminal). The shop has a variety of ammo to loot, but take care as there is a bathroom scale floor trap behind the counter.
- There are several clothing items including the rare Stars and Stripes bandana and bathrobe in one of the rooms near the protectron on the first floor.
- Griswold's poetry collection holotape located in Griswold's terminal on the 3rd floor in the Gun Shop.
- Monsignor Plaza key is on the Slocum's Joe counter in the same room as Sue's terminal on the third floor.
- Richard's note - on Richard, a deceased Publick Occurrences salesman (west of the plaza).
- Kidnapping - A group of raiders can take up residence in this location after they have kidnapped a settler. The Sole Survivor is required to come here and free the settler.
- Lost Soul - A synth can be teleported there after the destruction of The Institute. The Sole Survivor must bring the synth a care package, as ordered by Doctor Carrington.
- The terminal entries reveal some minor friction between Griswold and Sue. Sue's terminal only has the narrative entries and does not provide any control or unlocking options.
- Despite there being a shop that sold magazines and books, no overdue books or comic books are present.
The Monsignor Plaza only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
The layout and location of the Plaza suggest it is supposed to represent the Cambridgeside Galleria, a locally well known multilevel shopping mall/plaza in Cambridge.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
- pc ps4 When exiting through the lower floor it may cause the game to freeze at the loading screen.[verified]
- The Gun Shop ceiling has no collision and can be clipped by jumping above furniture.[platforms tag needed][verification overdue]
- pc ps4 A game-breaking glitch causes Monsignor Plaza to be unplayable with a crash. For some players, Patch 1.02 fixes the problem, however, the problem still exists due to this issue affecting all save files. Bethesda forums offer a workaround for quests related to this problem, mostly The Railroad-related quests.[verification overdue]