The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Prior to the Great War, the cave was used by the employees of the nearby truck stop to hide waste from inspectors. It proved to be quite successful as the truck stop won a Trashbuster award but by the time the Sole Survivor leaves Vault 111 it is irradiated and home to mole rats.
The mole rat den is a cave with walls that are covered with brain fungus and glowing fungus. In the central area is a small depression with a few mole rats. In a smaller back room, a glowing mole rat (level dependent) can be found.
Not only are there various explosive containers about the den, but there is also an explodable vehicle.
- A fusion core - In the room to the right of the center room.
- The Trashbusters Award note - In the same room as the fusion core, on a wooden box.
- At least 30 brain fungus, used to make Mentats.
- A pair of black-rim glasses next to a skeleton and a burnt book.
- At least 13 glowing fungus, used to make RadAway.
The mole rat den appears only in Fallout 4.