The Mojave Outpost is an NCR outpost in the Mojave Wasteland. It is near two large statues which "symbolize unity", specifically commemorating the historic merging of the two "Ranger" groups of the area under the cause of the New California Republic. The troops here welcome most travelers, offering them shelter in the nearby barracks, as long as they don't have a bad standing with the Republic.
The place where Mojave Outpost now stands was originally a checkpoint between California and Nevada. After the war, it stood empty and vacant for well over a century.
In the year 2271, the Desert Rangers of Nevada (who had been dwindling in numbers) and the rangers of the New California Republic met at this spot to sign the Ranger Unification Treaty. Under this treaty, the Desert Rangers agreed to be absorbed into the NCR in exchange for the NCR's protection of Hoover Dam, New Vegas, and southern Nevada against the forces of Caesar's Legion. The Outpost was then established in 2272.
In its current form, Mojave Outpost serves as the link between NCR and the Mojave Wasteland. This base is the NCR's administrative headquarters for the area around Primm, having a medium-sized garrison of troops stationed there and supplies from local caravans are often distributed there, though with decreasing frequency after a series of attacks on caravans in the local area.
The outpost consists of two buildings on a hill saddle, one of which is the administrative area (HQ), the other being the barracks. There is a fence enclosing the two buildings on all sides, and several piles of sandbags for defense. It is part of what was once a highway toll station. The northern end of the valley is overshadowed by two large statues and the southern is enclosed by rock walls.
The gate to the southwest continues along the I-15, however it is locked and requires a key to open. There is however not much of interest here - a few remnants of structures and a few power lines can be found, complete with collision data. If you target the NCR in The Apocalypse quest during Lonesome Road, the gate will become unlocked and leads to Long 15.
Upon entering the headquarters of the building for the first time the Courier will be greeted by Major Knight, who can repair items to 100% in addition to his possible role in the My Kind of Town quest line.
Cass, aka Rose of Sharon Cassidy, sits at the bar drowning her sorrows with whiskey. Cass can eventually be recruited as a companion, once the player begins the You Can Depend on Me quest at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Mojave Outpost barracks
- Mojave Outpost headquarters
- Ranger Ghost, NCR sniper
- Ranger Jackson, NCR commander
- Rose of Sharon Cassidy, former caravaneer and potential companion
- Major Knight, NCR officer, offers repairs
- Sgt. Kilborn
- Lacey, merchant/bartender, plays Caravan
- Various NCR troopers
- Various NCR rangers
- Traveling merchant
All notable loot is found in the Mojave Outpost barracks.
- Duck and Cover under the counter near Lacey, can be purchased.
- 3 Nuka-Cola Quartz on the shelves behind Lacey (must be stolen)
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap on the long section of the bar counter as you walk in, by a bottle.
- 3 ice cold Nuka-Colas on the shelves behind Lacey (must be stolen)
- In the Mojave Outpost Headquarters behind the front desk is Major Knight, who carries 603 bottle caps that can be pickpocketed.
- The Courier can talk to Major Knight inside the Headquarters and can convince him to repair anything for free. This only works if he has the Confirmed Bachelor perk and activates the corresponding dialogue actions. Also, this will only work the first time the repair screen appears, and Knight's repair skill will be temporarily equal to that of the Courier.
- Unlocking the gate at the south end, by using console commands will reveal an invisible wall, but no-clipping past this wall will allow you to venture deeper into this area. If the Courier continues straight ahead, he/she will eventually reach a cliff that leads to an infinite, irradiated ocean.
- If the Courier chooses to attack the NCR at the end of the add-on Lonesome Road, a mushroom cloud can be seen in its vicinity, although the outpost remains unchanged and not irradiated.
- Many NPCs, after their quests are completed, may walk to the Mojave Outpost and disappear at the west gate. Cass will do this if she quits being a follower of the Courier.
The Mojave Outpost appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Mojave Outpost corresponds to Mountain Pass.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Occasionally, when fast travelling to the Mojave Outpost, there will be one to three giant radscorpions or giant worker ants inside the encampment area. [verified]
- PC Xbox 360 If Ranger Ghost is missing from the roof, she can sometimes be found to the right of the Headquarters building door around the corner. She still comments that she could hear the Courier coming up the ramp. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Sometimes NPCs will be walking in place or standing on top of desks in the HQ. Leaving and returning to the cell sometimes solves this problem. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Golden geckos may spawn if the Courier fast travels to the outpost. [verified]
- Xbox 360 A deathclaw may spawn behind the main building when fast traveling to the Outpost. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Eventually, one of the NCR troopers will drink one of the Nuka-Cola Quartz and since it gives low-light vision, the Courier will also be given Low-Light Vision until you exit the building. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 NCR troopers sometimes perform as though they are typing on a typewriter/computer while seated in the headquarters even though there is no keyboard present. [verified]
- PC When trading with Lacey, the game tends to crash. [verified]