Mojave Express dropbox
Couriers for the Mojave Express regularly and rapidly carry packages between convenient (for the Mojave Wasteland) drop boxes in several communities.”— Fallout: New Vegas loading screen
Mojave Express dropboxes can be used to move items from one dropbox to another. To be able to use them, at least two drop boxes must have been activated. If a box has items waiting inside, it will have its small red flag up, which will go down once the items shipped to the box have been retrieved. These boxes cost nothing to use, and can move thousands of pounds with no problem.
There are five dropboxes in the Mojave Wasteland:
- Goodsprings - On the porch outside the General Store
- Primm - Inside the Nash residence
- Novac - Inside the lobby of the Novac Motel
- Freeside - On the sidewalk outside the Old Mormon Fort
- New Vegas Strip - Inside the Las Vegas Boulevard Station
- Items picked up from a dropbox are added to the player's inventory directly, rather than merely taking them out as with a container. For large shipments, this can result in a significant number of messages addressing the individual items picked up. To avoid having to read through all these item messages, you can save and then immediately reload after retrieving a shipment from a dropbox.
- Also unlike a container, items cannot be stored in a dropbox. Any items placed in a dropbox must be sent somewhere, and the dropboxes won't work if you've only found one.
- You may make multiple shipments to a specific dropbox, from the same or multiple locations. When you pick up those items they will be combined into one delivery.
- It is safe to store items in a secondary dropbox (one you have transferred a package of items to). They stay there until you go and personally retrieve them.