Couriers for the Mojave Express regularly and rapidly carry packages between convenient (for the Mojave Wasteland) drop boxes in several communities.”— Fallout: New Vegas loading screen
Mojave Express dropboxes can be used to move items from one dropbox to another. To be able to use them, at least two drop boxes must have been activated. If a box has items waiting inside, it will have its small red flag up, which will go down once the items shipped to the box have been retrieved. These boxes cost nothing to use, and can move thousands of pounds with no problem.
There are five dropboxes in the Mojave Wasteland:
- Goodsprings - On the porch outside the General Store
- Primm - Inside the Nash residence
- Novac - Inside the lobby of the Novac Motel
- Freeside - On the sidewalk outside the Old Mormon Fort
- New Vegas Strip - Inside the Las Vegas Boulevard Station
- Items picked up from a dropbox are added to the player's inventory directly, rather than merely taking them out as with a container. For large shipments, this can result in a significant number of messages addressing the individual items picked up. To avoid having to read through all these item messages, save and then immediately reload after retrieving a shipment from a dropbox.
- Also unlike a container, items cannot be stored in a dropbox. Any items placed in a dropbox must be sent somewhere. The dropbox only works if more than one has been found.
- It is possible to make multiple shipments to a specific dropbox, from the same or multiple locations. When these items are picked up they will be combined into one delivery.
- It is safe to store items in a secondary dropbox (one that a package of items has been transferred to). They stay there until retrieved.