Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here to pick up a swatter... right!?”
Moe Cronin, a "baseball" enthusiast, sells customized baseball equipment and apparel for the sole purpose of killing. If spoken to, Moe tells the Sole Survivor what he believes baseball was - two teams armed with deadly modified baseball bats battling to the death. The baseball bats of the surviving winners of the game were called "Swatters" and therefore set the tradition of "next generation baseball". He also believes that baseballs were given to the children of dead players, baseball gloves were used to absorb bullets, and that baseball cards kept track of a player's kills.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Out in Left Field - Moe will ask the player to recover for him a signed baseball, signed catcher's mitt and signed baseball card in Westing Estate.
- Find the Treasures of Jamaica Plain - Moe will buy the 2076 World Series baseball bat from the player. He will spend from 200 to 400 caps for the item, depending on the success of several speech checks.
- If the player interacts with him after his store closes, at the Dugout Inn, he'll drop the vendor's attitude for rude remarks towards the player usually saying "Beat it."
- The player can talk to him about the history of baseball and swatters. Moe will describe baseball as two teams beating the other to death. The player will then give the option to tell him how the game was actually played which will lead to a comment from your companion as well as Moe stating he prefers his version better no matter how you explain it.
- Moe is the only merchant to sell a shipment of 100 units of wood.
|.38 round x9
Bottle cap x13
Moe Cronin's house key
- If killed, he will humorously say, "Three strikes, I'm out."
- His understanding of baseball displays the same worldview as Goalie Ledoux's understanding of hockey in Fallout 3.
Moe Cronin appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Joe Cronin was a famous baseball player for the Boston Red Sox, whose retired number #4 is displayed on the upper decks of Diamond City, and its real-life counterpart, Fenway Park.
- Moe Berg was another famous baseball player, and a WWII spy who played for the Boston Red Sox.