Fallout 3 locations project
Bug Verification Project
Mobile Base Crawler
It was originally a Space Shuttle Orbiter mobile platform that the Enclave have appropriated with newly developed technology and a huge satellite array. It now serves as a mobile central command center for the Enclave, a location to stash their most valuable technology. It is also used to launch orbital strikes as shown during Death From Above and Who Dares Wins from their Bradley-Hercules satellite. This battle-station is also where the elite Squad Sigma train and Deathclaw experimentations continue.
Location and entryEdit
The Mobile Base Crawler is located at the Adams Air Force Base, on the eastern side. To enter the Mobile Base Crawler you must first reach the part of the quest Who Dares Wins where you go to the Adams Air Force Base Traffic Control Tower and activate the terminal there to lower the ramp.
The interior consists of 4 parts:
The first part is the base floor and is called Mobile Base Crawler. In here you will find Stiggs, an Enclave engineer who will help you if you let him live. Also, if the alarm sounds, the Enclave Squad Sigma appears. There is also a little room behind a pulse field which contains materials and a workbench. Behind another repulsion field lies an armory which contains several weapons, ammunition and armor.
The repulsion fields around the base can be turned off via nearby control panels. When these panels are activated, you can choose to:
- Do nothing: nothing will happen
- Turn off the repulsion field: requires a Science skill of 80, and will completely turn the field off.
- Set a timed charge: requires an Explosives skill of 50, this will blow the panel up and partially disable the field. If you then walk through the field you will take minor damage.
- Smash the control panel: this will destroy the panel, causing you to take damage and will partially disable the field. If you then walk through the field you will take damage.
Launch platform baseEdit
The second part is the Launch Platform Base. This consists out of a deathclaw research facility, where you can find 2 deathclaws and the slo-burn flamer on a small platform where you can activate 2 repulsion fields. This is the most likely place that Hellfire armor was manufactured. At the deathclaw research facility you can also find a security terminal where you can unlock all doors and a robot control terminal where you have the following options:
- Perform safety shutdown: This will shut down all Enclave robots in the Mobile Base Crawler.
- Scramble robot targeting parameters: This will cause the robots to attack everybody, including you and the Enclave.
- Run robotics diagnostic: This will tell you what the status of the robots is.
- Target Enclave: Requires Robotics Expert. This will cause the robots in the Mobile Base Crawler to attack the Enclave Forces.
On the Launch Platform Base you can also find the Medical Bay, where you can find several rooms with medical facilities, several toilets, the sleeping quarters, dining room and a kitchen. There is also a storage room directly below (down the stairs) from the door to the Launch Pad. Inside to the right are five missiles hidden in a bucket in the corner on top of a container. Lastly there is also an Armory, where you can find several weapons with ammunition, including the precision Gatling laser and an alien blaster (req. 75 'hard' lockpick) with alien power cells (some in average locked weapon crates).
Between the Launch Platform Base and the Satellite Control Tower you can also find the roof. On the roof there are 3 landing pads for Vertibirds, on which a Vertibird will set down several Enclave soldiers. There are also 2 small huts with some ammunition. There are 5 sentry bots here that can be hacked using an available terminal.
Satellite control towerEdit
The Satellite Control Tower consists of 3 floors, which can be reached through a staircase or by walking up 3 different stairs. You can find some ammunition boxes here. On the third floor you can find a terminal which contains information about an Enclave scientist who hates it there; this terminal will also have a note saying that they have locked all the storage doors to keep in the malfunctioning robots (if you set them against their masters). There is also a terminal which allows you to unlock all doors. Here you can also find the satellite uplink terminal which allows you to control the orbital satellites. You can choose to fire on the following targets:
- Citadel: Blows up the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood of Steel headquarters. Gives you -1000 Karma, equivalent to blowing up Megaton or infecting Project Purity with the FEV virus.
- Project Purity (The Jefferson Memorial): Doesn't work. Gives message: satellite not in proper orbit path.
- Megaton: Doesn't work. Gives message: satellite not in proper orbit path.
- Rivet City Carrier: Doesn't work. Gives message: satellite not in proper orbit path.
- Adams Air Force Base Platform: Blows up the Mobile Base Crawler. Gives +1000 Karma, equivalent to sacrificing yourself to activate Project Purity.
After you've chosen your target you can go outside where Sentinel Lyons will come to get you with a stolen Vertibird.
Related quest: Who Dares WinsEdit
It is necessary to go inside the Mobile Base Crawler and launch an orbital strike to complete Broken Steel as part of the last main quest of the add-on.
- Alien blaster - Launch Platform Base, hard locked gun case in the Armory which is guarded by the Armory Master Along with it is a few alien power cells and three more average locked boxes of the cells below the gun case.
- Precision Gatling laser - carried by the Armory Master.
- Composite recon helmet - worn by the Armory Master.
- Slo-burn flamer - Launch Platform Base, in the southeast end inside a stasis field behind the sign labeled Sensitive Electronics.
- 13 combat knives in perfect condition can be found in the storage room, behind a large white crate.
- After the end of Broken Steel (If you chose the good path and destroyed the Crawler), Scribe Rothchild will inform you that the Brotherhood is reclaiming massive amounts of weapons and technology from the remains of the Crawler and surrounding base.
- After completing "Who Dares Wins", you will not be able to re-enter the Mobile Base Crawler without using console commands.
- There is a drum of aqua pura in the Satellite Control Tower as well as a stack of drums beneath the stairs in the southwest corner of the Launch Platform Base.
- Amusingly, in two of the toilets in the base, there's a length of human intestine.
- Drinking from any of the toilets or sinks in any restroom has no rad penalty.
- In a stall, there is a bloody garden gnome with glowing eyes and a deathclaw hand located nearby.
- In between a counter with junk on top, there is a small gap where a garden gnome stands, in front of the gnome is a ball and farther in the gap, is a triangular pattern of milk bottles, which is obviously a reference to bowling.
- ps3 xbox360 If you exit and re-enter the satellite tower from door on the top floor (leading to the landing pad) all the items on the bodies inside will respawn, you can repeat this over and over for infinite ammunition, Enclave armor, weapons etc. Exiting the tower from the bottom floor and re-entering sometimes causes the bodies to disappear; exiting and re-entering from the top again will restore the bodies. [verified]
- pc ps3 Disabling the forcefield that blocks the player from reaching the slo-burn flamer by bashing it, and walking through while over encumbered may cause the player to take continuous damage, regardless of whether they are actually in contact with the field. This leads to a guaranteed death (and the player's body twitching after death, as if still taking damage). Being normally encumbered while going through the field appeared to solve this. [verified]