| ||For an overview of Mister Handy robots in the Fallout series of games, see Mister Handy.|
If I've told them once, I've told them a thousand times. NO. PEDICURES.”
The Mister Handy is a robotic assistant to the overseer of the vault. It will move around on a single floor of the vault collecting resources and defending that floor from incidents. Also, Mister Handies can be sent into the wasteland to gather caps.
Mister Handies can be found as a legendary rarity card in lunchboxes and also can be purchased directly in Mister Handy boxes (which function like single-card lunchboxes at the same price as a five-card lunchbox). Mister Handy boxes can also be obtained through objectives as a reward.
- Mister Handies can be renamed. They all are initially named "Mr. Handy".
- Only one Mister Handy may be placed per floor in a vault. A maximum number of five Mister Handies can be collecting caps in the wasteland simultaneously.
- Mister Handies in the Wasteland collect only caps. They do not collect weapons or outfits and they avoid all fights.
- In the vault, a Mister Handy defaults to collecting resources but can be instructed not to. Responding to incidents is not optional but a Mister Handy can be dragged away temporarily. They do not trigger dwellers to gain levels or complete training levels.
- A Mister Handy will follow invaders to fight them in every room on its floor. Invaders will stop in each room and wait for it to catch up. Its standard weapons are a flamer and built in rotary saw.
- While Mister Handies take damage like a dweller, they cannot be healed. Damage just accumulates until they are destroyed. Once destroyed, they can be fully repaired for 2,000 caps or removed from the vault like a dead dweller.
- When a Mister Handy is destroyed, it explodes like a mini nuke.
- When a Mister Handy is added to the vault, a Mister Handy shipping box will appear in a storage room. A box will appear in all storage rooms regardless of the number of Mister Handys within the vault.
- As Mr. Handy walks through the rooms in his assigned floor he will sometimes say "clever" things.
- When in nuclear reactor, he will sometimes say "Oh yes. Let's build atomic structures, because that went sssooo well last time."