Dukov's got the foulest mouth in the wasteland. He's a drunk and a womanizer, but he's no bigot. Go ask him yourself. Damn. Double damn. He finally got someone to kill them humans.”
Mister Crowley is as bitter a ghoul as you might find. He was transformed 10 years ago due to an extreme exposure of radiation that would have killed him. He once lived at Rivet City, but the bias and disdain he experienced there forced him to move on to greener pastures. Crowley discovered Underworld and has taken up permanent residence, but remains resentful of the harsh treatment he received from humans. He presents the Lone Wanderer with a complex revenge plan that he wants you to carry out. Mister Crowley spends most of his time in the Ninth Circle, drinking heavily.
Crowley and four other mercenaries - Dave, Jeff Strayer, Dukov, and Tara - were sent to Fort Constantine by Allistair Tenpenny to retrieve a rare weapon. During the mission, Crowley was locked in a room full of feral ghouls by Dukov, who wanted to increase his own share of the payout. Crowley survived the imprisonment and harbors a passionate resentment toward those who left him behind.
Mister Crowley can usually be found in either the Ninth Circle or in his bed at Carol's Place in Underworld. He usually sleeps until 12 p.m.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head: Mister Crowley gives you a list of four targets he wants dead.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If the Lone Wanderer retrieves the keys detailed in his quest, they can go to Fort Constantine and take the T-51b Power-Armor. Mister Crowley won't be too happy with this and only respond with, "You stole what was rightfully mine! Get lost.", without an option to give the suit to him. He will say the same thing if the Lone Wanderer pickpockets the keys from him after giving them.
- If the Lone Wanderer hands Crowley the keys and later travels to the Fort Constantine's Bomb Storage section, Crowley will be inside wearing the armor and thank the Lone Wanderer for the keys.
- If the Lone Wanderer follows Crowley to Fort Constantine on foot (ie, not by fast travel) Crowley will turn hostile just outside of the fort. If the Lone Wanderer does not engage Crowley, he will turn up back at Underworld wearing the armor.
- If the Lone Wanderer kills Crowley at any time, he/she will no longer be able to collect caps for this quest. The Underworld will turn hostile for 72 in-game hours if the Lone Wanderer is detected in this act.
|Dirty pre-War businesswear||Combat knife
Scoped .44 magnum
Bottle cap x100
- Crowley can die on the way to retrieve the armor, making him hard to find and the armor unobtainable. However, he carries a weapon and healing items which he will use.
- Crowley has green hair, which is rarely seen on other characters.
- After obtaining the armor, Crowley can appear randomly at places which the player has fast-traveled to or waited at.
- Crowley was supposed to have a very high DR perk to make sure he will reach Fort Constantine, but it was removed from the game. Instead, Crowley benefits of a micro-regen perk so if he is not killed outright during a fight he will slowly recover health and get cured of any crippled limb. This perk is granted only during the travel to Fort Constantine.
- If the Lone Wanderer tails Crowley to the fort, he will be attacked by super mutants despite several sources saying super mutants don't bother ghouls.
- "You're a nosy little bastard, aren't you? It's true. Tenpenny is a bigot, but the others aren't. All I want are those keys."
- "Or the right money, heh? I've got this list of people. Ghoul bigots. Real scum. I've only got four guys left on the list. Started with eleven. All of them hate Ghouls and treat us like we're zombies. They all deserve to die. But it has to be done with a head shot. Just like the old stories where zombies can only be killed that way. I'll give you 100 caps for each of them. If they die some other way, I'm only paying 25 though."
- "Another human bigot. It figures. Go mate with a Super Mutant."
- "Ha, ha! I like a human that knows his place. Too many of you think we're all just zombies. They don't know, or don't care, that we're just as human as they are inside. We bleed! We hurt! We regret! And you know what really pisses me off? They think the only way to kill us is to shoot us in the head, like in the old zombie stories, and that will put us out of our misery. Hey, I know! Maybe you could help me even the score."
- "Excellent! Take this sniper rifle, you'll need it. Here's a list of the guys and their last known locations. Word will get around if Tenpenny's killed, but I'll need proof for the others. Bring me back something personal from each of them as proof, like a key, or a ring, or somethin'."
- "Dukov's got the foulest mouth in the wasteland. He's a drunk and a womanizer, but he's no bigot. Go ask him yourself. Damn. Double damn. He finally got someone to kill them humans."
Mister Crowley appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
- pc xbox360 Occasionally, Crowley will go into a bout of slow-motion sprinting, running at nearly half speed but with full striding animation. He will resume normal movement upon his next combat encounter. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Crowley may deliver his theft line if the Lone Wanderer acquires the winterized T-51b power armor helmet from the Anchorage simulation, even though it isn't Crowley's actual armor. [verified]
- pc With Broken Steel installed: After getting the T-51b power armor and helmet from Fort Constantine by unlocking all the doors, then finishing the You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head quest by giving Crowley the keys, and fast traveling back to snatch the armor before Crowley finds out, Crowley has been encountered still friendly in the Presidential metro, just inside the doors from M.A.R.Go.T., during the Who Dares Wins quest. [verified]
- xbox360 Occasionally, Mr. Crowley will not appear in the Underworld. [verified]
- ps3 If the Lone Wanderer hands over the keys for the reward then pickpockets them back and travels to Fort Constantine to get the T-51b Power-Armor all without killing Mr. Crowley he will disappear from the game. [verified]