They are being employed by the NCR force as a mean to find more NCR citizens in the area, so they can provide them with food and water. Each missionary is located in the squatter camps the player character is originally sent to investigate at quest markers.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- G.I. Blues: The King gives the player character the optional objective to investigate the NCR squatters in Freeside to find out more about the people who attacked his men. The player character can ignore that and go directly to Julie Farkas who will send the Courier to talk to her friend, Major Elizabeth Kieran who is in charge of the food supplies at the Ruined store.
Either will ask the player character if they are a citizen of the NCR. If the Courier answers "yes", the Courier is quizzed with three questions to prove that they are an NCR citizen.
- Question 1 - Who is the most popular NCR President of all time? President Tandi.
- Question 2 - What was the original capital of the NCR? Shady Sands.
- Question 3 - What animal is on the NCR Flag? Two-Headed Bear.
This will give access to Missionary's note, which reads cryptically "Hope is the key." Hope is actually the password the Courier gives to the two NCR guards outside the ruined store they use to supply the NCR Freeside members with food and water. This note can also be obtained by killing the missionaries.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc cruiser outfit and
Merc adventurer oufit
Hunting rifle (During the shootout with Pacer)
|Freeside squatter camp note||-|
- Killing the missionaries will result in NCR infamy, even if the act is not witnessed.
- The two NCR troopers guarding the ruined store are identical in appearance to the two missionaries, respectively.
Missionaries appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.