| ||For an overview of laser pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see laser pistol.|
The AEP7 laser pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5 model. With a generous battery size, tight shot grouping at range, resilience to extended use, and fairly decent damage output, it is a very good choice for a sidearm and is used extensively in this role by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland.
As the successor to the AEP5, it boasted a redesigned focusing crystal pattern, an improved photonic focusing chamber, and selectable laser focus, wavelength, pulse energy and repetition rate. In addition, it was lighter and less bulky than its predecessor and was perceived as a step toward replacing the N99 10mm pistol with a laser weapon as the standard issue sidearm for military forces.
The AEP7 was produced in large numbers thanks to newly developed manufacturing technologies in the United States, although logistics and supply issues (caused by prolonged war with China) prevented its wide-scale deployment.
The missing laser pistol is a unique version of the laser pistol that is only found during the unmarked quest Pistol Packing. It also has the same stats as the standard laser pistol with the exception of lower damage and critical damage.
The missing laser pistol can fire a total of about 995 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 34 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Laser pistol, standard variant found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Pew Pew, a unique variant found in the Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters during the A Valuable Lesson quest.
- Compliance Regulator Honest Hearts, a unique laser pistol that paralyzes a target on hit.
- Laser pistol (GRA) Gun Runners' Arsenal, a unique variant that can accept modifications.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Critical effect damage and duration||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Laser pistol fnvgra||12||45||3.75||x1.5||12||15||0.8||0.1||30||995||3||175||58.3||0||1|
|Laser pistol With all weapon mods attached fnvgra||15||56.3||3.75||x1.5||12||15||1||0.1||30(40)||995||3||775||258.3||0||1|
|Missing laser pistol||11||41.3||3.75||x1.5||11||15||0.7||0.1||30||995||3||175||58.3||0||1|
See the unmarked quest Pistol Packing for details. The pistol will not appear until the proper sequence of conversations have taken place. It can then be found on a large rock in the middle of the gulch, next to the corpse of a wastelander.
- As it is a quest item, this weapon will not be removed in instances where your weapons are removed from your inventory while entering certain locations, such as holdout weapons locations or the Sierra Madre.
- When using the iron sights, as the laser pistol does not have an animation for iron sight firing in first person, it zooms out and fires like from the regular laser pistols in the zoomed-in from the hip view.
- The missing laser pistol's Pip-boy icon is that of a plasma pistol, rather than that of the normal laser pistol.
- xbox360 ps3 pc Sometimes the missing laser pistol doesn't spawn at all. If it doesn't make sure you've talked to Initiate Stanton. [verified]
| || |
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Citadel terminal entry on the AEP7 laser pistol in Fallout 3. 
- ↑ DCTA laser firearms protocol.