The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
| ||For an overview of missile launcher models in the Fallout series of games, see missile launcher.|
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.
The missile launcher is a very powerful weapon, able to kill groups of weaker enemies or take down a strong enemy with one shot. The missile launcher, like the Fat Man, is considered both a heavy weapon and an explosive weapon, so the related perks and bobblehead perk will stack. If the player has maxed both the Heavy Gunner and Demolition Expert perk, along with having obtained the Explosives bobblehead, the missile launcher can deal up to 651 damage per shot.
When the weapon is equipped with the targeting computer modification, a red diamond will appear above the target when it is locked onto a target within its range.
When fully modified, its weight can exceed 45 pounds making it one of the heaviest weapons in the game (even exceeding the Fat Man).
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Damage per shot change||Fire rate change||Range change||Accuracy change||Magazine capacity (shots per reload) change||Weight change||Weapon value change in caps||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Barrel||Standard barrel||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Adhesive x2|
|Triple barrel||Improved ammo capacity.||Triple barrel||–||+23||–||-4||+2||+15.5||+143||Gun Nut 2||Adhesive x8|
|Quad barrel||Improved ammo capacity.||Quad barrel||–||+28||–||-5||+3||+19.5||+218||Gun Nut 3||Adhesive x10|
|Sights||Standard sights||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Adhesive x1|
|Scope||Superior magnification and sighted accuracy.||Scoped||–||–||–||+36||–||+5.5||+143||Gun Nut 2||Adhesive x4|
|Night vision scope||Night vision. Superior magnification and sighted accuracy.||Night-vision||–||–||–||+36||–||+5.5||+248||Gun Nut 4|
Fiber optics x3
Nuclear material x5
|Targeting computer||Locks onto target. Fire and forget.||Targeting||–||–||–||–||–||+6.5||+293||Gun Nut 4|
Fiber optics x4
Nuclear material x6
|Bayonet||Better bash.||Bayoneted||–||–||–||–||–||+1||+30||–||Adhesive x2|
|Stabilizer||Better accuracy and recoil. Reduced range.||Muzzled||–||–||-12||+7||–||+2||+60||Gun Nut 2||Adhesive x4|
- One can be found at Pickman Gallery
- One can be found near Diamond City, in the back of a truck as a trap, next to Back Street Apparel, close to the location of the Chem Ambush part of the Quest Diamond City Blues. This missile launcher will respawn every 24 hours until Back Street Apparel is cleared. This trap also has the potential to spawn a launcher with various attachments/mods to include all three of the highest level upgrades.
- Further down the same road between Backstreet Apparel and Charles View Amphitheater, a lone super mutant will be patrolling a pedestrian overpass with three meat bags suspended from it. This super mutant will always have a missile launcher.
- The Castle.
- One can be found on a shelf, in a tripwire-trapped shack with a blue ramp, east of the main building at Weston water treatment plant
- A level-dependent super mutant regularly spawns with a missile launcher on a scaffolding outside Faneuil Hall.
- A level-dependent super mutant regularly spawns with a missile launcher on top of the dish at the far left at Revere Satellite Array.
- A level-dependent raider regularly spawns with a missile launcher on a ledge opposite of where you enter, in the room with the pit and deathclaw at Kendall Hospital.
- One can be found as part of a trap inside the Electrical Hobbyist's club cellar (be careful not to set it off).
- Baker, carries one as a backup weapon as he patrols the church roof in the Quincy ruins.
- There is a rigged missile launcher in the metro train nearby, triggered by laser tripwires at the opposite end of the train car.
- Far Harbor (add-on) One can be found on a table in the basement armory.
- Critical hits only affect the direct-hit damage of the weapon, not the explosive component, making them significantly weaker than one would expect. The same goes for many legendary effects.
- VATS mode does not take the targeting computer mod into account when calculating the accuracy of aimed shots. Regardless of the numbers, a VATS shot on a target you have locked on will have 100% accuracy unless there is intervening terrain.
- So far it is one of the only incarnations of the missile launcher across the entire Fallout franchise that can actively utilize a functional missile guidance system outside of V.A.T.S., provided the targeting computer mod is installed.
- This incarnation is notably simpler and less bulky than in previous installments.
- The triple barrel modification doesn't actually add extra barrels to the weapon but gives the missile launcher a 3 round detachable magazine and also improves the weapon's reload speed but at the cost of substantially increasing its weight.
- In the loading screen that features the missile launcher it is shown with both a telescopic sight and a targeting computer. However; this is a configuration that is currently impossible to implement in game due to the fact that the targeting computer is considered a sight modification and since both modifications are considered sights either one or the other can be installed but not both.
- When weapon is ready, attempting to strafe back-right will cause the user to strafe forward-left (Third-person only).[platforms tag needed][verification overdue]
| || |
| || |
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.