Miss Fortune's Bad Luck Bringer is a unique .44 Magnum revolver only used by Miss Fortune, although it is identical in appearance to the Mysterious Magnum. It differs from the standard .44 Magnum in that it does very little or no damage to enemies, but instead applies a specialty effect (explained below).
Even though the Miss Fortune's Bad Luck Bringer fires normal .44 Magnum ammunition, its condition never degrades.
Miss Fortune's gun triggers the game to create a "fortune" percentage for your target.
If their fortune is less than 35:
- They're knocked down for 10 seconds.
- Any of the following will detonate if they are in the inventory and are at least 1 game unit further away from the player character than the max splash damage range, with an appropriate explosion:
If their fortune is between 35 and 65:
- Any of the grenades or explosives before will detonate, as well as:
- Flamer, incinerator, or heavy incinerator; creates a 40mm incendiary explosion.
- Grenade launcher, grenade rifle, grenade machinegun, missile launcher, or Securitron missile launcher; creates a 40mm explosion.
- Recharger pistol, recharger rifle, plasma pistol, plasma rifle, multiplas rifle, plasma caster, or Plasma Defender; creates a plasma grenade explosion.
- Pulse gun; creates both a plasma and a pulse grenade explosion.
- If any of these detonate, the weapon will be broken and the NPC's right arm will be crippled. If none of the weapons are present, a "cripples" percentage is set instead:
- Less than 10 cripples the head.
- 10 - 25 cripples the left arm.
- 25 - 40 cripples the right arm.
- 40 - 55 cripples the left leg.
- 55 - 70 cripples the right leg.
- Above 70 cripples the torso.
- If all limbs are crippled beforehand, the target is paralysed.
If their fortune is above 65, only the limb crippling is applied. Remember, this is all determined per shot, and Miss Fortune will more than likely empty her revolver for all 6 shots in a VATS attack!
It is only attainable via console commands.
pc ps3 xbox360 The script does not check for frag mines or long-fuse dynamite, even though normal dynamite is checked, and the other two "main" grenade types include their mine counterparts. [verified]