| ||For an overview of minigun models in the Fallout series of games, see minigun.|
A Rockwell CZ53 personal minigun is capable of firing 5mm ammunition at over 60,000 RPM with an ammo capacity of 120x 5mm round. The CZ53 personal minigun makes up for the small 5mm round by sending a hail of bullets toward its target. Its sheer size, coupled with its trademark sound, is enough to send anyone in its path running for cover. It's a great weapon for suppressing fire, letting others flank the unsuspecting enemy. When the Great War struck, it was already an aging design and was slowly being replaced by the more advanced CZ57 Avenger minigun. Later models of the CZ53 have six barrels linked into pairs, with four barrels on top and two on the bottom, a cage underneath the weapon to hold an ammo box containing 240 5mm rounds, and used in combination with a backpack. The first model was the favorite weapon of the Mariposa super mutants during the Unity's time, and allowed most or all of the super mutants to wield them effectively with only one arm.
This weapon is a six-barreled heavy machine gun, fed by a "cassette" ammunition box using the 5mm round. Utilizing the Gatling style rotating barrels powered by an internal motor, it delivers an extremely high rate of fire, making it an effective weapon and is ideal for inflicting heavy damage on large quantities of relatively unarmored enemies. With the use of armor piercing ammunition, the minigun is extremely deadly, being able to cut through even the toughest target very fast, the downside being that it uses up the 5mm ammunition rather quickly.
Due to its poor spread, the high rate of fire effectiveness is somewhat negated at medium to long distance combat. Additionally, this rate of fire can quickly exhaust ammunition supplies, as well as reducing the weapon's condition at an alarming rate during sustained fire. Using one requires a healthy stock of Weapon repair kits, or a supply of other miniguns to keep the weapon in good working condition. This weapon has a Strength requirement of 10 and weighing in at 25 lbs is one of the heaviest firearms in the game. However, the unique minigun, the CZ57 Avenger, weighs only 18 pounds, but cannot be modified. The Avenger has one of the highest DPS ratings of any gun in the game, if the skill requirements are met.
When firing the minigun outside of V.A.T.S., there is a small wind-up time, as the barrels spin up to firing speed, between holding the fire button and when it actually begins to fire.
The minigun can fire a total of about 5995 standard rounds, the equivalent of 25 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP, & AP||5995||25|
- Minigun high-speed motor - increases firing rate by 25%.
- Minigun damped subframe - reduces weapons spread by 0.35.
- CZ57 Avenger: A stronger version of the regular minigun and has one of the highest DPS values of any weapon in the game.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Minigun With all weapon mods attached||12||300||25||x0.02||12||10||30||4||0.65||240||5995||25||10250||410||100||10|
- Black Mountain - super mutant masters can be found sometimes carrying them.
- Black Mountain - In an average locked trunk by the radio in the camp near the top of the mountain.
- Black Rock cave - occasionally carried by the nightkin master.
- Brotherhood of Steel safehouse - (low-condition) on a shelf with a missile launcher and 200 rounds of 5mm surplus ammunition.
- Can be found from NCR heavy troopers sometimes.
- Gun Runners - it can be purchased from Vendortron at level 16.
- Hidden Valley - it can be purchased from Knight Torres in the Brotherhood of Steel Hidden Valley bunker.
- Jack Rabbit Springs - a super mutant master may be found carrying one at later levels.
- Novac - it can be obtained in very poor or broken condition, by killing a nightkin during The Screams of Brahmin quest.
- Vault 34 - can be found in the armory.
- Dry Wells - Gaius Magnus carries one.
- A full box of ammunition (240 rounds) will weigh 4.08 pounds, or 2.04 pounds if the Pack Rat perk is taken (in Hardcore mode).
- The repair list name for this weapon is called RepairMinigunForRealzImSeriousGuys, which includes the standard Minigun, as well as the CZ57 Avenger.
- pc xbox360 ps3 The ammunition backpack may become stuck to the back of the player character regardless of unequipping or switching to a different weapon/armor. It may also flicker or may not disappear and duplicate itself multiple times, appearing to hover and follow the player character around. To fix this as well as many other glitches for the minigun, drop the minigun then equip another weapon and drop the second weapon before picking both weapons up. [verified]
- pc xbox360 The weapon firing sound usually doesn't play out with the animation. For every 2-3 bursts fired, you will hear the firing sound only once or twice. [verified]
- pc It's possible that the barrel spinning animation will not play out while in first person, this usually follows some other glitch. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 pc Sometimes the rotor sound does not play. The sound played is not the rotor sound, but the firing sound, even though no bullets have been fired. [verified]
- pc Sometimes firing does not make any sound. Although it still registers to NPCs as sound. [verified]
- pc xbox360 There is a very rare bug that causes the fully modified minigun to become holstered at ALL times.It will be stuck to the Courier's hand even if holstered.It may even float upside down a small distance away from your hand at times.Unknown if the bug happens to the normal unmodified minigun.[verified]
| || |
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In-game description for the minigun in Fallout and Fallout 2. 
- ↑ Research Note - Minigun, Fort Independence terminal entries. 
- ↑ In-game description for the Avenger minigun from Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics.