| ||For other characters named Michael, see Michael.|
Yeah, I imagine that it takes a lot to fill the void of such a bottomless soul. Take the caps and leave me to my sorrows.”
Together with his sister, Sarah Weintraub, Michael grew up in Vault 21. After Mr. House opened the vault, Michael started to work as a designer of neon signs for the Strip's many establishments, often taking "special orders" from Mr. House himself.
Like his sister, living inside a vault all his life has made Michael an agoraphobic, which means that he is afraid of wide open spaces. Compared to his sister, Michael has the more severe form of agoraphobia, as he even has problems working on the main production floor of his workshop because of its size. Thus, he can usually be found in the workshop's back room, while his assistants, including Kate, work in the main hall.
When first encountered by the player, Michael is lacking inspiration. Talking to the player, with years of costly therapy being out of the question, he realizes that he might regain his inspiration by studying sights he hasn't seen so far.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Classic Inspiration: Michael asks the Courier to take pictures of famous signs across the Mojave to rejuvenate his artistic inspiration.
- ED-E My Love: Michael, during conversation, says a keyword that accesses ED-E's log databanks.
- Michael Angelo can be blackmailed through a series of Speech/Repair checks upon the first meeting. The series consist of: Speech 40, Speech/Repair 45, Speech 55 will net you 300 caps and 140 XP. You will, however, no longer be able to interact with Michael Angelo, and thus be unable to attain his quest. If you choose to tell him you are just kidding at any point before you tell him "300 caps it is," you will abort the blackmail.
Though he grew up in a Vault, he doesn't have a Pip-boy.
- "Yeah, I imagine that it takes a lot to fill the void of such a bottomless soul. Take the caps and leave me to my sorrows."
- "It's this place - my inspiration ebbs and I don't know how to stop it! I can't feel the warmth anymore..."
- "I always wanted to see the Dinosaur and its Thermometer sign at Novac. Then, there's the famous Bison Steve sign. The McCarran Airfield and the Helios One power station signs are of much interest to my work - like the Sunset Sarsaparrilla Headquarter's bottle."
Michael Angelo appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Michael Angelo was written by Jorge Salgado.
- Sheldon's artistic name is a reference to the Renaissance artist Michelangelo - commonly misspelled 'Michael Angelo'.
pc xbox360 Upon passing the agoraphobia medicine check, you can restart the conversation, and pass the check again. Since you get experience for each successful check, you can gain infinite experience by completing the conversation item repeatedly. [verified]