| ||For an overview of metal armor variants in all games, see metal armor.|
The metal armor is a piece of armor in Fallout 3.
The metal armor appears to be taken from a variety of scrap pieces; the upper torso piece on the female variant looks somewhat like a flattened out and reshaped motorcycle fuel tank, for instance. The metal helmet looks like a white closedfaced, armor-plated motorcycle helmet for males, and like a metallic, openfaced, topless (showing hair) armor-plated helmet for females. The shoulder plates have metal spikes welded onto them.
Wikify (issue: Needs the comparison table)
This article or section needs to be wikified. Wikifying means to format it using Wiki markup, add internal links to related articles and make sure it is properly categorized. Please help Nukapedia by improving the article.
- Gamma shield armor The Pitt (add-on) - The gamma shield armor isn't unique, but does have a few benefits over regular metal armor. The gamma shield armor adds to Radiation Resistance, but also weighs 15 more pounds.
- Samurai armor Mothership Zeta (add-on) - The samurai armor, worn by Toshiro Kago, has a lower DR than metal armor, but increases Melee Weapons and total damage done by those weapons by 10.
- Can be found on Leroy Walker at either Lincoln Memorial or Paradise Falls.
- Can sometimes (rarely) be bought from Moira at Craterside Supply in Megaton.
- Can be found on Commander Jabsco at Fort Bannister.
- Can be found on Jotun and Ymir at Paradise Falls if you decide to kill all the slavers.
- Can be found in National Archives sub-basement behind a Very Hard locked gate.
- Can be found in a locked footlocker (average) at the entrance to the Deathclaw Sanctuary.
- Worn by the bandits who attack the Aqua Pura caravans in Broken Steel.
- Should you choose to join them, Split Jack will give you a suit and helmet.
- One helmet can always be found at the top of the Washington Monument, near the mattress.
- Another helmet can always be found in the Taft tunnel.
- Can be bought from Crow after you invest caps in his caravan.
- Can be found in a locker in the Vault 112 equipment room (on the eastern wall of the Tranquility Lounge area, opened only by hacking a Hard terminal).