| ||For an overview of metal armor variants in all games, see metal armor.|
The metal armor in Fallout 3 appears to be taken from a variety of scrap pieces; the upper torso piece on the female variant looks somewhat like a flattened out and reshaped motorcycle fuel tank, for instance. The metal helmet looks like a white closedfaced, armor-plated motorcycle helmet for males, and like a metallic, openfaced, topless (showing hair) armor-plated helmet for females. The shoulder plates have metal spikes welded onto them.
- Gamma shield armor The Pitt (add-on) - The gamma shield armor isn't unique, but does have a few benefits over regular metal armor. The gamma shield armor adds to Radiation Resistance, but also weighs 15 more pounds.
- Samurai armor Mothership Zeta (add-on) - The samurai armor, worn by Toshiro Kago, has a lower DR than metal armor, but increases Melee Weapons and total damage done by those weapons by 10.
- Can be found on Leroy Walker at either Lincoln Memorial or Paradise Falls.
- Can sometimes (rarely) be bought from Moira at Craterside Supply in Megaton.
- Can be found on Commander Jabsco at Fort Bannister.
- Can be found on Jotun and Ymir at Paradise Falls if you decide to kill all the slavers.
- Can be found in National Archives sub-basement behind a Very Hard locked gate.
- Can be found in a locked footlocker (average) at the entrance to the Deathclaw Sanctuary.
- Worn by the bandits who attack the aqua pura caravans in Broken Steel.
- Should you choose to join them, Split Jack will give you a suit and helmet.
- One helmet can always be found at the top of the Washington Monument, near the mattress.
- Another helmet can always be found in the Taft tunnel.
- Can be bought from Crow after you invest caps in his caravan.
- Can be found in a locker in the Vault 112 equipment room (on the eastern wall of the Tranquility Lounge area, opened only by hacking a Hard terminal).