Med-Tek was a pre-War medical and pharmaceutical company. In this facility, research was done on their latest product, Prevent, which was completed shortly before the Great War. If their predicted sales are anything to go by, Prevent was to be their latest in a long line of wonder drugs.
Subjects used in Med-Tek's research may not have participated in the experiments voluntarily. Cell blocks were built into the lower facility to house test subjects and a number of remains have handcuffs and duct tape in close proximity.
There are many ghouls hidden underneath vehicles and inside the parking garage next to the building that may wake up after unsuppressed gunshots.
The facility has three accessible floors and contains both synths and ghouls. An airlock on the first floor can only be opened as part of MacCready's companion quest Long Road Ahead, and grants access to the sublevel of the building. The second and third floor can always be accessed, but contain very little of interest. The executive terminal on the third floor is part of the previously mentioned companion quest for MacCready.
- Jacob's password next to the Executive Terminal on the second floor. Only accessible during the quest Long Road Ahead.
- A fusion core - In a generator after going down the elevator behind the airlock.
- Massachusetts Surgical Journal issue #3 - In the room where Prevent can be found as part of Long Road Ahead, on a table in the middle of the room, near the source of radiation.
- A Vault-Tec lunchbox - In the sublevel, next to a terminal that controls turrets, protectrons and security doors for the whole room.
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum located on a desk on the third floor, past the room with the ramp.
Med-Tek Research appears only in Fallout 4.