Med-Tek was a pre-War medical and pharmaceutical company. In this facility, research was done on their latest product, Prevent, which was completed shortly before the Great War. If their predicted sales are anything to go by, Prevent was to be their latest in a long line of wonder drugs.
Subjects used in Med-Tek's research may not have participated in the experiments voluntarily. Cell blocks were built into the lower facility to house test subjects and a number of remains have handcuffs and duct tape in close proximity. Research in this facility included experimenting with infectious diseases, one being a virus that only affected children and teenagers. The facility went into lockdown when the bombs fell to prevent the contagions from spreading, trapping everyone present inside.
There are many ghouls hidden underneath vehicles and inside the parking garage next to the building that may wake up after unsuppressed gunshots.
The facility has three accessible floors and contains feral ghouls. An airlock on the first floor can only be opened as part of MacCready's companion quest Long Road Ahead, and grants access to the sublevel of the building. The second and third floor can always be accessed, but contain very little of interest. The executive terminal on the third floor is part of the previously mentioned companion quest for MacCready.
- A fusion core - In a generator after going down the elevator behind the airlock.
- Massachusetts Surgical Journal issue #3 - In the final room in the basement where Prevent can be found as part of Long Road Ahead, on a table in the middle of the room, near the source of radiation.
- A Vault-Tec lunchbox - In the sublevel, next to a terminal that controls turrets, protectrons and security doors for the whole room.
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum located on a desk on the third floor, past the room with the ramp.
- MacCready likes to take off power armor equipped on him in this building during the quest.
- There is a small hidden area containing the skeleton of a doctor and some minor loot in the sublevel room with the fusion core, accessible by jumping off the stairs and crossing the pipes.
- The distress signal that can be picked up in front of the building leads to a ruined house just south of the building. It is connected to The Lost Patrol quest.
- The terminals in this area do not seem to have holotape drives and, therefore, cannot accept Total Hack holotapes.
Med-Tek Research appears only in Fallout 4.
- ↑ Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide, page 289 - "This private research laboratory owned by the Med-Tek Corporation began experimenting with infectious diseases. One was a virus that affected only teenagers and children. The entire facility went into lockdown then the bombs fell to prevent any contagion from spreading, trapping all the inhabitants. The lockdown was never lifted."