The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
| || For the Fallout 3 character, see Mechanist (Fallout 3).|
For the radio character, see Mechanist (Fallout 4).
Now you'll face the full might of the Mechanist! Come my robots, let's finish this.”
Always talented with robotics, Isabel Cruz descended from a settlement plagued by raiders.
Inspired by drawings of the comic books and radio show character, The Mechanist, Isabel decided to use her skills for the betterment of the Commonwealth. Discovering a pre-War factory originally run in a juncture of private industry and the military, she set her plan in motion. Using the factory, she began constructing her robot "allies" to help the people of the Commonwealth, pacifying areas by killing raiders and other hostiles. However due to a logic error made by her Robobrain lieutenants, these robots would kill everyone they encountered. This led to an attack on Ada's caravan, resulting in their call for help across the Commonwealth.
She created the Mechanist persona due to her social ineptitude.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Restoring Order: The Sole Survivor confronts her and can either kill or save her. If things are resolved peacefully, she will remove her armor and offer it as a reward to the Sole Survivor.
- Rogue Robot: If spared at the end of Restoring Order, she will request that the Sole Survivor hunt down one of her marauding machines.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
If Restoring Order is finished peacefully, Isabel will remain at the Mechanist's lair.
|Mechanist's armor and helmet
Mr. Handy buzz blade
|RB-2851 master control password
Stealth Boy x2
- She has unique dialogue if the Sole Survivor is wearing the Silver Shroud costume, during the final confrontation.
- If the Sole Survivor decides to let her live, she will then proceed to stay at the lair and cannot be moved to any other settlement. She does not count as a settler and does not require any resources.
- Isabel shares many traits with the previous Mechanist, Scott "Bean" Wollinski. Both have skill with robots and sought out to make the wasteland safer but in actuality caused more harm than good. Both can also be spared and if spared realize the outcomes of their actions and seek out to heal what damage they caused. Both also have hidden bases in seemingly normal stores. Both of them were influenced by Derek Pacion on becoming The Mechanist who they all thought was a superhero, but there were two different ways on how they were influenced by Derek. Scott mourned his favorite robot when it was destroyed beyond repair by The AntAgonizer, after that Derek, who personally knew Scott, talked to him and convinced him on fighting back as The Mechanist. Isabel was influenced when she came across some posters of The Mechanist recognized as a hero, which were made by Derek and they have his initials on the back.
- She will sometimes spawn in the hidden room at the end of the hallway, so if one can't find her, try opening the door by pressing the button on the drinks machine.
- pc ps4 xboxone Upon first encountering her, she may immediately become hostile. This may be caused by the targeting HUD mod.[verified]
- This may be fixed by removing any item with the targeting HUD mod.
- pc After the power goes out at the end of the fight, she may become immobile and won't initiate dialogue, never triggering emergency power.[verified]
- This can be avoided by NOT shooting out the spotlights just before triggering the end showdown.
- Alternatively, one can save and exit the game, then load up the recent save, and the fight should begin.
- pc If you are too powerful and kill the robots too fast, the factory will run out of robots before the power drains out leaving you in a state where the Mechanist sends only mines, bombs and power discharges.[verification overdue]
- This can be avoided by using weaker weapons or waiting before killing them. The point is to keep at least one robot alive until the power drains out.
- pc Game may feeeze when you try to access the console after getting password from her.[verification overdue]
- This can be avoided by killing the two robots that sit above the console and block the Lone Survivor from correctly looking to the console screen.
- Alternatively, one should get as close to the console as possible (into the space between the robots above it) before interacting with it.