| ||For the effects of sleeping in a bed, see Resting.|
Mattresses are dark brown mattresses, which were originally intended to be used on a bed. They can be found in settlements, pre-War buildings and in makeshift shelters throughout the Commonwealth. They can be used to rest in order to wait for time to pass and/or recover health.
In survival mode, the mattress can not be slept on for more than five hours at a time, nor does it alleviate tiredness. Any attempt to sleep beyond the five hour limit may result in the contraction of an illness.
The mattress is located under Furniture → Beds in the workshop.
- There is a mattress in the root cellar at Sanctuary Hills.
- A mattress can be found in the abandoned house next to Tenpines Bluff.
- Near the Drumlin Diner, there is a mattress on top of the walkway behind the big sign. Go up the tree to get to the walkway.
- In a metal shelter on the roof of the Red Rocket, in front of the Collegiate administration building in Cambridge.
- In the basement of the Suffolk County charter school.