Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mason Dixon Salvage is a location in the northern part of the Capital Wasteland.
The salvage yard can be found northwest of Paradise Falls and south-southwest of SatCom Array NN-03d. It is closest to Drowned Devil's Crossing, and can most easily be reached by traveling north from there.
On the east and west ends there are two rusted metal shacks. To the south of the western shack are three overturned trailers. The easiest way to get to the salvage yard is to come from the north because of the small trail that leads up to the salvage area.
As a super mutant camp, there are several leveled mutants and centaurs. Up to seven enemies may spawn (depending on whether the add-on Broken Steel is installed). Also, there may be a deathclaw on the small hill nearby. It will not hesitate following the player into the shacks, or even killing the captive before they can be saved.
- Tumblers Today in the southern shack next to the bed. (It may be under the bed, in which case try crouching or throwing a grenade behind the bed, at the southern wall.)
- Nikola Tesla and You in the western shack, on a table. There is another copy of the book to the north-east of this location, in an abandoned tent.
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine also in the western shack, on the floor, next to a bucket.
- This location may host super mutant overlords if Broken Steel is installed.
- No Karma loss occurs if the captive is blown to smithereens in the massive car explosion that can occur here.
- Once this location has been cleared out once, it becomes a dangerous location to fast-travel to, as the location of the fast travel point means that the player can spawn directly inside a group of super mutants.
- There are two shacks that could be used as shelter, as they have unowned beds inside. However, if you decide to use them as shelter, you will find yourself fighting off super mutants almost every time you fast travel there, because they respawn every 3 in-game days.
Mason Dixon Salvage appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
This location is based on the real location "Mason Dixon Auto Salvage", a junk yard on Rt. 1 on the PA side of the MD/PA border (also called the Mason-Dixon Line) with 18 acres of recyclable cars.