| ||For a list of all Commonwealths in the Fallout universe, see Commonwealths.|
The Columbia Commonwealth was one of the thirteen commonwealths of the pre-War United States. Created in 1969, it was comprised of the former states of Maryland and Virginia, as well as the District of Columbia.
The Capital Wasteland spans much of the District of Columbia, as well as portions of both Maryland to the north and Virginia to the south. It is having power struggles between Brotherhood of the area, the Enclave survivors, and the super mutants. Vice and crime is rampant in the area, with raider clans, mercenary bands, and creatures pillaging any and all things that move.
Another portion of Maryland, this time south of the Capital Wasteland proper, is available in the DLC content Point Lookout. Swamplands and swampfolk abominations are abundant, and while certain areas weren't directly hit by the bombs, the land and inhabitants are still being affected by radiation and disease, carried downstream from irradiated areas.
- Capital Wasteland (Fallout 3)
- Former Virginia
- Former Maryland (Mentioned in Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, appeared in Point Lookout)
- The Columbia Commonwealth appears in Fallout 3 and its add-ons Broken Steel, Operation: Anchorage, and Point Lookout, and is mentioned in the add-ons The Pitt and Mothership Zeta.
- Parts of the Columbia Commonwealth are mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas and its add-ons Dead Money and Lonesome Road.
- Parts of the Columbia Commonwealth are mentioned in Fallout 4 and its add-on Automatron. The National Mall of Washington, D.C. also appears in the Atomic Command Pip-Boy game.
- ↑ Plaque on the Massachusetts state house in Fallout 4 gives 1969 as the formation date of the "Thirteen commonwealths"
- ↑ Turtledove Detention Camp terminal entries
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Thicket Excavations terminal entries
- ↑ Boston Bugle building terminal entries
- ↑ RobCo sales & service center terminal entries#Maintenance Issue 09008112-AB