Cleanup (Issue: not specified)
To meet Nukapedia's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
Main article: Department of the Army
According to contradicting information from the Fallout Bible:
- July through August, 2236. The Enclave scientists and reinstated Chemical Corps scour the remains of Mariposa Military Base, while assault squads comb the desert for slaves they can use to mine the Military Base (Fallout Timeline.)
- The Enclave held the site for many years, but abandoned it after obtaining the FEV samples.
Beginning of the operationEdit
Joint task force consisted of:
- (verti)assault squads that combed the desert for human-supermutant slave workforce to mine the Military Base - at least two squads.
- Enclave patrolmen - very likely part of the Enclave Control Company:
- Scientists team of US Chemical Corps aka "pencil necks."
- Construction crews (supported by 1st generation super mutant slaves, when excavations began at 2236 Sept - according to Fallout timeline.)
- Vertibird transport.
Small 4 tents temporary camp established outside the base.
- Power generator established.
- Provisional lifts built in.
Termination of the operationEdit
FEV samples were obtained just before military action and base sealing.
The Enclave patrolmen squad equivalent was lost during unexpected battle during a revolt of the mutated slave miners (10 the Enclave patrolmen KIA). Super mutants suffered heavy casualties, but 27 of them survived. The Enclave patrolmen losses:
- Three patrolmen on the 4th level.
- Sgt. Bracks and two patrolmen on the 3rd level (checkpoint 3.)
- Three patrolmen on the 2nd level (checkpoint 2.)
- Captain Pickard and two patrolmen on the 1st level (checkpoint 1.)
Each checkpoint equipped with 2 radios.
Inconsistencies of the Fallout BibleEdit
A single squad was left behind to wipe out the mutated miners, while according to the game and Enclave holodisks found at Mariposa Military Base:
- The mutants attack was sudden and two checkpoints were destroyed almost immediately (7 troops killed.)
- Captain Pickard with 2 troops was going just to hold super mutants at his checkpoint 3 position, as long as he could (The access corridor to the Base entrance.)
- Ten of the troops killed were a squad equivalent, but were not an actual squad left behind to wipe out the mutated miners. Mariposa Military Base was sealed in January 2237, while according to Mariposa Military Base 1st level entry information - the battle against the Enclave Patrolmen occurred recently (another Fallout Bible inconsistency: the Enclave held the site for many years.)