| ||For other characters in the Fallout universe named Marie, see Marie.|
See, little Marie isn't just special to Ashur and I. She's the cure for The Pitt's mutations, so she's special to all of us.”— Marie's mother, Sandra
Unusually quiet, Marie Ashur is less than a year old and in perfect health. The offspring of Ashur and Sandra, her conception occurred after Sandra set up her laboratory in a wing of Haven. Over time, the couple have come to honestly care for each other, and the safe birth of their child is considered nothing short of a miracle - one they intend to use for the benefit of their city.
Marie was born with a natural resistance to radiation and Troglodyte Degeneration Contagion, and because of this unique gift she has been studied by her parents to find a cure to help with the constant radiation in The Pitt.
She weighs 5 pounds and teddy bears are her favorite toy.
Interactions with the player character
- Free Labor: Control over Marie is the central objective for both sides of the conflict. Take the baby away from her parents or leave the people of The Pitt to suffer in slavery.
- Once the player picks her up, she becomes a quest item called "Baby" and therefore cannot be dropped.
- The item 'baby' displays as a damaged garden gnome when dropped/placed on the ground. This can be discovered using console commands, such as placeatme.
- After acquiring Marie if you access the terminal in Sandra's lab and select baby monitor you will be told "Baby not found, insert baby and try again."
- She is the only baby seen in Fallout 3.
- At one point in development, a Pitt slave named Beth would intercept the player character, should they choose to kidnap Marie. Beth would proceed to take Marie from the Lone Wanderer and to Midea's quarters.
Marie appears only in the Fallout 3 add-on The Pitt.