| ||For the Fallout 3 character, see Dogmeat (Fallout 3).|
Man's Best Friend
Good old doggie companion.”— Woman's Best Friend, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 2
Man's Best Friend is a skill in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and that was to appear in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 2, in which it is also referred to as Woman's Best Friend. Skills in these games work like perks do in other Fallout games.
The player character acquires a canine companion, which in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is named Dogmeat, to aid in their battles. It appears for the first time when upon reaching a save point.
- The dog itself has a powerful attack and often diverts enemy attention. It will follow the player character all the time.
- Dogmeat does not acknowledge the presence of explosives, and may kill itself in a fate similar to the original Dogmeat in the Mariposa Military Base in Fallout. However, it will respawn upon reaching the next save point.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Vault Girl version of the Man's Best Friend skill can be seen in a TV for educating cyberdogs in the X-8 research center at the Big MT in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues.
- Dogmeat is a reference to Mad Max 2 (aka The Road Warrior) and A Boy and His Dog. Both movies featured a lone wanderer and his dog-companion in a post-apocalyptic world, and in the latter movie, the main character uses "Dogmeat" as a disparaging nickname for his companion.
- ↑ Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 2 design document - Page 8
- ↑ Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 2 design document - Page 9