The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Malcom Latimer is the wealthy father of Nelson Latimer. He can be found outside of the Colonial Taphouse during the daytime or might approach you near the center of the city near the chapel. After the quest Diamond City Blues is completed, Malcom will try and approach the player character to ask if they had involvement in the death of his son. If the player character fails the speech check, Malcom will periodically send Triggermen to kill the player character.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If the Sole Survivor claims Marowski killed his son, he will offer four hundred caps to kill him and the player character will lose affinity with Piper, John Hancock, Curie, Preston Garvey and Strong. Pass the following persuasion check for 200 more caps, for 600 total. Malcom will comment how you must think highly of yourself, and begrudgingly agree to the higher amount.
- If accusing Paul of the murder, he will offer two hundred caps instead and the player character will lose affinity with John Hancock.
- If the player character admits to the murder and then passes a persuasion check, Malcom will not do either of the above and the player character will gain affinity from Piper, Curie, Codsworth, Nick Valentine, and Preston, but lose affinity with Cait and Robert Joseph MacCready.
- If Malcom is still alive once The Marowski Heist quest has been completed (if you refuse Marowski's request to kill him), Malcom will be killed by Triggermen (presumably sent by Marowski) soon afterwards upon the player returning to Diamond City. The Triggermen will not be hostile to the player.
- If the player character succeeds in the speech check, Malcom asks if the Sole Survivor knows who killed his son.
- He will cease to send the Triggermen if a fee of two thousand caps is paid.
- An alternate method of halting the Triggermen attacks is to kill Malcom in a manner that will not prompt hostility from other characters, such as utilizing the Mister Sandman perk or simply killing him at night in his room after gaining the keys to his house from Nelson Latimer's body.
|Clean black suit
Latimer residence key
Cooke residence key (during The Marowski Heist)
In the game code, his EditorID is spelled MalcolmLatimer with the second 'l', but, in the Name category, it is spelled Malcom without the second 'l', and thus ingame he is seen spelled Malcom despite other code references to him spelled Malcolm.
Malcom Latimer appears only in Fallout 4.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.