The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Malcom Latimer is the wealthy father of Nelson Latimer. He can be found outside of the Colonial Taphouse during the daytime or might approach the Sole Survivor at the center of Diamond City near the chapel. After the quest Diamond City Blues is completed, Malcom will try and approach the player character to ask if they had involvement in the death of his son. If the player character fails the speech check, Malcom will periodically send Triggermen to kill the player character.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If the Sole Survivor claims Marowski killed his son, he will offer four hundred caps to kill him and the player character will lose affinity with Piper, John Hancock, Curie, Preston Garvey, Nick Valentine and Strong. Pass the following persuasion check for 200 more caps, for 600 total. Malcom will comment how the player character must think highly of themself, and begrudgingly agree to the higher amount.
- If accusing Paul of the murder, he will offer two hundred caps instead and the player character will lose affinity with John Hancock.
- If the player character admits to the murder and then passes a persuasion check, Malcom will not do either of the above and the player character will gain affinity from Piper, Curie, Codsworth, Nick Valentine and Preston, but lose affinity with Cait and Robert Joseph MacCready.
- If Malcom is still alive once The Marowski Heist quest has been completed (if one refuses Marowski's request to kill him), Malcom will be killed by Triggermen soon afterwards upon the player character returning to Diamond City. The Triggermen will not be hostile to the player character.
- If the player character succeeds in the speech check, Malcom asks if the Sole Survivor knows who killed his son.
- He will cease to send the Triggermen if a fee of two thousand caps is paid or upon his death.
|Clean black suit
Latimer residence key
Cooke residence key (during The Marowski Heist)
In the game code, his EditorID is spelled MalcolmLatimer with the second 'l', but, in the Name category, it is spelled Malcom without the second 'l', and thus ingame he is seen spelled Malcom despite other code references to him spelled Malcolm.
Malcom Latimer appears only in Fallout 4.