Major Dhatri is a New California Republic officer stationed at Camp McCarran in 2281, and he wants someone to take care of some Fiends for him. He's typically found outside the terminal right by the tents.
Born on an unknown date, Dhatri joined the NCR Army at an unknown point and was eventually promoted up the ranks to captain, a rank he held at the time of the Bitter Springs Massacre in 2278. NCR Army forces surrounded a Great Khan camp established at Bitter Springs, and were issued orders to let no one out. When panicked Great Khans attempted a breakout, confused NCR soldiers opened fire. By the time Dhatri or anyone else realized the people trying to escape were overwhelmingly Khan non-combatants- women, children, elderly, wounded and the sick- the situation was already spiraling out of control.
Dhatri tried to get further orders from Major Gilles, the commander on-site, but Gilles froze up and Dhatri could not get a word out of her. Left with no other options, Dhatri took command himself and did what he could to salvage the situation. For his efforts, Dhatri was promoted to major while Gilles was busted back down to captain and relieved of command. Dhatri's was then moved to Camp McCarran, and given command of the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion, a famed NCR Army sniper unit, a command he continued to hold in 2281.
Dhatri is the adoptive father of Sgt. Bitter-Root, a former Great Khan. Though Dhatri despises both the Fiends and the Great Khans, he has considerably better feelings for the latter, due to his remorse for the NCR Army's actions at Bitter Springs. The Fiends, on the other hand, Dhatri views as nothing more than criminals to be hunted down and destroyed. However, due to the considerable difficulty the NCR has experienced in the recent months at finishing off the Fiends, Dhatri decided to place bounties on the heads of specific members known to be their leaders. 
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Three-Card Bounty: Dhatri wants bounty hunters to kill three Fiend leaders and take their heads to him, for which he will pay a handsome reward, but he's very particular about the means of their deaths - no headshots or decapitations which might disfigure the gruesome trophies. 
- "If it's bad news, you can take it up with the Colonel. If it's good news, it better involve some dead Fiends."
- "Yeah, I was there. I was Captain Dhatri, then. That whole situation was a mess and could easily have been avoided with good intel. The major in charge at the time made a bad call - he thought Bitter Springs was full of Great Khan raiders, so we surrounded the place. By the time any of us realized there were civilians down there - women and children - the shooting had already started. The major froze up at the news, and we couldn't get another word out of him. I took over and salvaged the situation as best I could. For my effort, I was promoted to major. Not quite the way I'd have wanted it."
- "Well, well, well. Driver Nephi. Nothing to say, you son of a bitch? No tips on my golf swing?"
Major Dhatri appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
On the Boulder City Memorial, there is a Private First Class Robert Dhatri. Whether he was related to the Major or not is unknown.
- pc After killing Driver Nephi in "Three-Card Bounty" Major Dhatri may be dead upon returning to Camp McCarran making the quest unable to be completed. It appears Dhatri may have taken friendly fire bullets and died near the firing range. [verified]
- xbox360 After killing Caesar and his legionaries at The Fort if you then fast travel to Camp McCarran Dhatri may show up as an enemy on the compass, causing your companions to shoot at him. [verified]
- ps3 pc xbox360 Sometimes Dhatri is nowhere to be found and may be glitched out of the world. Use player.placeatme 000f56f8 console command, Mayor will spawn on your head, and you may complete the quest.[verified]