The Magna Carta is an English document stored in The National Archives.
The document can be found in the Archives Secure Wing East.
There is a hallway to the right just before one reaches Button Gwinnett and the Declaration of Independence. The hallway leads past a Mister Gutsy to a room. In the room to the far right is the Magna Carta with some ammunition and two turrets. One will need a Lockpick skill of 50 for the door. It can be sold to Abraham Washington for 75 caps, or for 100 caps through a Speech check.
- Though it no longer serves any purpose, this item is still found in the game files for Fallout: New Vegas.
- Once sold to Abraham Washington it will show up in one of the empty picture frames on the Capitol Preservation Society wall.
- Unlike the Bill of Rights, this item is not marked as a quest item, thus it can be dropped by the player character at any time.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Magna Carta ("Great Charter") is a series of real historical documents limiting the power of the king of England, the first of which was issued by King John in 1215; it was reissued several times and the 1297 edition is still partially in force.
- In more recent times, it is considered one of the earliest legal authorities for the right of Habeus Corpus - the right to challenge one's incarceration.
- In 2007, American billionaire David Rubenstein purchased one of the 1297 exemplifications and loaned it to the US National Archives.
ps3 xbox360 The Magna Carta may not appear in the National Archives at all. [verified]