The magazine rack is a specialized container that can store the various magazines and comic books found in the Commonwealth and outlying areas. Only reading material that provides a buff can be stored, meaning burnt comics, overdue books, etc cannot be placed upon it.
Magazines and comic books stored in the magazine rack will be displayed on its shelves. Up to 20 magazines can be displayed on the same rack.
Magazine covers can be viewed and the individual magazines activated & read while they are on display in either the rotating or rectangular racks.
Magazine racks are located under Furniture → Shelves in the workshop.
Magazine rack (1)
- Non-player characters (NPCs) are likely to knock magazines out of the rotating racks. The knocked-over magazines can usually be found on the surrounding floor. By contrast, magazines are relatively more likely to stay put in the rectangular racks, although the NPCs may sometimes still disturb them.
- To display issues of a particular magazine type together and in numerical order (e.g., to keep up with which issues you still need to collect), one can transfer all of the issues owned of any given magazine type from a magazine rack back into one's own inventory briefly, then re-store them in the rack by running from top to bottom in the list in the Pip-Boy; the magazines will display in that same order when the rack "re-loads" upon exiting out of the Pip-Boy.
- 6 racks are required to display all 120 place-able magazines of the base game, as the "You're SPECIAL!" book can't be placed on the magazine racks. 1 extra rack is required to display the magazines of the Far Harbor and Nuka-World add-ons.
ps4 Sometimes when removing all the magazines from a full stand at once will cause a glitch where one of the magazines from that stand will both enter your inventory as usual and will show back up in the first slot of the stand and a random number of duplicates show in the slots next to it.[verification needed]
- If you enter the stands inventory afterwards, they will disappear, but if the Sole Survivor takes them directly he/ she will have duplicates of the same magazine.
- If this glitch duplicates the Islander's Almanac magazine to where you have four of the same in all will grant you the achievement/ trophy.