The station is a fortified outpost repurposed by raiders for their own use. Three raiders patrol the exterior between the power transformers and the entrance. The entry door leads to a small foyer, beyond which is a computer room/Barracks. The main room is guarded by a pair of raiders, one of whom is the named Torcher, who, unsurprisingly, wields a flamer. Beside undamaged computer equipment, there is a static chemistry set, three beds and several containers. The terminal (very hard) on the desk allows the player to unlock the safe containing a Nuka-Cola Quantum.
- Guns and Bullets book on a table left of you after entering the power station.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum in the safe (very hard), can be unlocked by a nearby terminal (very hard).
- Torcher's mask: worn by Torcher inside the station.
- The Mass Relay Station houses three of the cleanest looking beds in the entire wasteland.
- Sometimes, items stored in containers inside the building can disappear and reset to whatever the container originally held. Also, a raider may respawn in the room every so often.
- To the south, in the rocky area just past the docks and outhouse is a corpse pile consisting of a dead mercenary, a dead raider, a dead pair of wastelanders, and a pair of skeletal remains. The area is guarded by several yao guai.
The MDPL mass relay station appears only in Fallout 3.