| ||For an overview of assault rifle models in all games, see assault rifle.|
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
The M16A1 was the chief rifle used by the US marines during the start of the 21st century, and was later to be replaced by the M4 carbine. Composed of durable aluminum alloy and hearty plastic.”
This gun is a nice alternative to the AK47, offering excellent range at the cost of only slightly less damage. 5.56mm is less common than 7.62mm, but still relatively abundant. Snipers characters will find this weapon particularly useful for its burst-fire mode and long-range single-shot mode.
- Peoria, 2 found in lockers in the southeast and southwest part of the facility, both near a turret.
- Great Bend, carried by several of the robots.
- Cold Water, 8 carried by BOS deserters
- Buena Vista, one on Paladin Lancelot's corpse.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The United States military still uses variants of the M16 rifle, namely the M16A4, to this day.
- The image bears more resemblance to the newer M16A2 than the older M16A1 variant.