You give Lupa a worthy death in the arena, and her brain is yours. Don't let your guard down just because she's old, though.
Lupa is a mongrel living at The Fort in 2281.
Lupa is a Legion mongrel that belongs to Antony, and is the mother of most of the Legion mongrels that belong to the Legion.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Nothin' But a Hound Dog: Lupa is among the choices of canines to retrieve a brain from for Rex. To get her brain, the player has to talk to Antony to arrange a fight with her in the arena.
Effects of the player's actionsEdit
- After her death in the arena, Legion troops all around The Fort mention her "dying well" in combat.
- Unlike other Legion mongrels, Lupa has a slight Damage Threshold of 4.
- When sitting next to Antony in the fort, she has a normal mongrel HP of 40, but when fighting her in the arena, she has a full 200.
- Like other mongrels, if you are wearing a Legion disguise, she can (and will) sniff you out and alert the camp.
- You actually gain Legion fame for killing Lupa, if you do so by fighting her in the arena. This is because you gave her an honorable death.
- "Lupa? Yes, she's the mother of a lot of our best dogs. She's getting old, but she's still a tough old bitch." – Antony, master of the hounds.
- "Cyber-dog? Like the ones I've seen up in Denver? I know what you're talking about, and it would make Lupa immortal in a way." – Antony
- "You give Lupa a worthy death in the arena, and her brain is yours. Don't let your guard down just because she's old, though." – Antony
Lupa appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Lupa literally translates as "female wolf" in Latin.
- Lupa is the name of the wolf who raised Romulus and Remus, in Roman mythology.
Collector's Edition playing card