Lucky 38 presidential suite
The Lucky 38 presidential suite is an unlockable player housing located on the 22nd floor of the Lucky 38 casino. Additions can be bought from a terminal in the suite. Aside from player housing, the suite acts as a clubhouse for your followers. All followers can be told to wait here, giving you a single location in which you can compose your active party. When in the clubhouse, companions will wander around, sit down, drink beverages, eat food, and sometimes interact with each other.
The presidential suite features a master bedroom, a guest room, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a recreation room.
The guest room is a fairly large room ideal for followers to stay in. It has two beds, one footlocker, two wardrobes and furniture items inside it. The player may purchase the guest wardrobe 1 and guest wardrobe 2 upgrades for this room. It contains two smaller-sized Nuka-Colas on the table in front of the entrance.
The kitchen is a room that contains a long table, two ovens and a refrigerator in which the player can store food. Additionally the player may purchase a workbench, 2 work bench lockers and a second refrigerator.
The bathroom is a large area to the left of the master bedroom that contains a few toilets and bathtubs. No upgrades can be purchased for this room, but players may find it useful to drink from the faucets and toilets. You will also find a small desk in here, to store and organize even more items.
- Jake Juice - on the table in the recreational room.
- The background music is Radiation Storm, which has been originally used for The Glow.
- The terminal you use to buy upgrades from can be used to sell items too. Items sold to the terminal remain in its inventory.
- Selling stolen items to the terminal and then buying them back will not remove the 'stolen' status of the item in question.
- Companions can be told to wait at the presidential suite by selecting the dialogue option to dismiss them and then confirming that they should meet you at the Lucky 38. (Return to base for ED-E.)
- Companions sent to wait in the Lucky 38 will take and consume food and drink items in containers and lying out while the player is in the room. It is inadvisable to store valuable food and drink items in these containers with idle companions present. This also leads to some inconvenient bugs related to night vision effects (see bugs).
- Companions may even take rare or very powerful weapons to replace their own whilst wandering around the suite.
- Companions will not take stolen items.
- On the pool table in the recreation room there are 5 billiard balls in the shape of an arrow. The numbers on the balls add up to 38 and the arrow points directly to one of several Lucky 38 posters.
- Although all beds in the suite can be slept on, only the bed in the master bedroom is considered "owned", as noted by its designation: "My Bed". You will not receive the "well rested" bonus from the other beds.
- The bed in the master bedroom may be occupied by your companion sometimes.
- You can sleep with your companions when they are asleep in a bed.
- If you drop anything (weapons, aid, etc.) it may "fall through the floor". If this happens, it will "respawn" in front of the elevator.
Lucky 38 presidential suite appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Upgrade terminal
- pc The merchant screen accessed through the Upgrade terminal has misaligned mouse triggers. The buttons are actually positioned down and to the right of the actual buttons on the screen, making it difficult to correctly select them. To rectify this, click the terminal's "power" button in the background. This will disable the terminal without closing the merchant screen. Keyboard controls also work. [verified]
- xbox360 Sometimes, when you are attempting to sell something to the terminal, you will not receive your money for it. If you buy it back at a later point of the game, you will lose money. [verified]
- xbox360 The Friend of the Night perk tends to "randomly" go on and off while in the suite. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 When large numbers of items are stored in the suite's containers adding more things will cause items to vanish from random containers elsewhere in the suite as if you are going over a limit. Tested multiple times. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 The workbench lockers (#1 AND #2) have been found to randomly lose the items stored in them. It is advised not to use them as storage, instead think about maybe storing in the wardrobes if you have any spare or some other container. (Confirmed without any patch installed - not confirmed wth the 1.2 patch installed.) [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Dismissed companions who are waiting in the suite will remove Nuka-Cola Quartz from the floor or some containers and drink it, applying the effects of this item to the player. The effect wears off after the same amount of time as it would if the player used Nuka-Cola Quartz, but wastes the item as well. It is inadvisable to store Nuka-Cola Quartz in the vending machine, as this is apparently an invitation for non-player characters to take it. It is also possible for each non-player character waiting in the suite to use the item at the same time, thereby stacking the night vision effect on the player. This can be highly inconvenient with two or more non-player characters in the room, as it makes the screen blindingly bright. [verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 Sometimes, you can lose the option (or never be given the option at all) to tell your companions to wait at the Lucky 38 upon telling them to leave. It appears that if this bug presents itself, you will never be able to ask a companion to wait there for the rest of the game. This can be fixed if you kill Mr. House and upload Yes Man into the system or may never be fixed if you kill Mr. House for the NCR before speaking to him for the first time. [verified]
- ps3 Constantly switching between ranged and melee of one of your followers while other companions are in the suite may cause two of them to engage in combat. Because fired companions are not flagged as essential, companions killed because of this remain dead even if not in Hardcore mode, and once combat begins it can't be stopped until one of them is killed. You can stop this from happening if you re-recruit the companion that is losing (except in Hardcore), since they will only go unconscious. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 Raul, ED-E, Rex and Lily Bowen will not sleep or take items from containers and Raul will not move around the suite. [verified]
- xbox360 Inactive companions may attempt (and succeed) to kill each other without provocation. Reloading from the last save in the game doesn't seem to prevent this problem if it occurs. Even if they aren't already hostile to one another when you arrive, the same two companions will consistently fight if left to their own devices. If they don't immediately start fighting when you arrive, it is possible to stop the fight before it happens by recruiting one of them. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 Occasionally you lose the ability to talk to Victor and cannot leave. There are several possible fixes for this: [verified]
- Dismiss or chat with your current follower, and the option to chat with Victor is restored.
- If you don't have any companion with you, you may be forced to kill Victor. This can fail the House Always Wins quest.
- ps3 The majority of the time the player gains access to the elevator as if Victor was dead.
- Reload an earlier save.
- pc ps3 xbox360 After upgrading the suite, the entire suite will be in an odd, eerie light blue filter that encompasses the entire suite. This may be triggered by entering the master bedroom. Simply exiting the suite will resolve this. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Some point after completing the side quest, Someone to Watch Over Me, convincing Alice Hostetler to leave Vegas to find her own path may cause her to spawn inside the Lucky 38 Presidential Suite, she will automatically talk to the Courier thanking him and explains how she likes not living in a NCR controlled Refugee Camp, she may either be talking about Freeside or Bitter Springs, after leaving dialogue she will never move or leave where she is standing causing her to live in the Suite with the player and any other Companions, she seems to appear after going to sleep at which point if you wanted to sleep for 15 hours it will skip and engage in conversation with her. She cannot be interacted with after that. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Similarly during the side quest The Moon Comes Over the Tower, Emily Ortal will enter the suite and ask if the Courier has planted bug yet, she will then exit the casino through the elevator.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes other random characters like the Powder Gangers from the Legion raid camp, or Alerio will appear in the casino.
- pc xbox360 If you kill Victor, you are not allowed to leave the Presidential suite, as the function to interact with the elevator is disabled. [verified]
- xbox360 When entering, sometimes you will get an unexplained blue 'night vision' effect. This is probably caused by one of your companions consuming an item which grants night vision - Cateye, Nuka Cola Quartz, etc. [verified]
- ↑ Cell name